Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im new to the site just bought my first street legal motorcycle well almost street legal haha she needs some work, i have a 1981 goldwing, and was wondering if anyone knew of other seats that would fit the bike or a place to order custom seats i dont rele like the stock seats to bulky for me i like the one in this video

so if anyone knows where i can find one like that it would help me out alot thanks, and i also am not crazy about the blinkers anyone know where i can get some smaller sleeker after market ones? thanks, carrington.

oh and i want my goldwing to look like this when its done so if anyone has any tips for me that would be awesome ive built a few cars this is my first bike so a little help wpuld be greatly appreciated click the link below to see how i want mine to look.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site. Rizoma makes some neat turn signals.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Welcome aboard from Down Under. I like it when someone goes to the trouble to fix and run a old bike. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Where do you call home??

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello fallen, welcome to GWOF. check and see if corbin has a "gunfighter " seat for your 1100 wing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, thank you guys so much for being as nice as you all are, ive been on previous fourms when i was building my cars and needless to say alot of people were jerks told me i couldnt do what i wanted to do but i did it any ways just to prove them wrong.

detdrbuzzard- i looked at corbins website but all i saw was seat covers but ill take a second look thanks man.

Two Wheel Wing-im from Myrtle Beach SC got a bike for the summer time to ride down the Blvd and show off to the ladies haha also going to school in august down in daytona beach to become a certified honda motorcycle mechanic (im 19 btw)

Eric-yeah i love to restore things from a young age i love to take things apart see how they worked and put them back together so since i got my license i fell in love with cars and going fast so far i built my first car just a little grocery getter a 97 nissan altima.
rebuilt my 1992 dodge stealth. and a 1989 BMW 325i. i dont know if you guys are into cars but if your ever having some trouble with it send me a message or something and ill be happy to help you the best i can.

once again thank you guys for your help.
Carrington.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome to the site from Texas. The best seat I ever had is Russell Day Long. They are pricey but nice. You send them your old seat and they rebuild it. http://www.day-long.com/
Check 'em out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man do you think i could kinda mod my bike for this seat to fit? its not the same bike style or year but when i build cars that didnt matter as long as you had imagination you could do whatever you wanted. so before i go off buying something that deff will not fit anyone know if i could do that?

http://www.corbin.com/honda/9495cb1000.shtml

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
thanks man do you think i could kinda mod my bike for this seat to fit? its not the same bike style or year but when i build cars that didnt matter as long as you had imagination you could do whatever you wanted. so before i go off buying something that deff will not fit anyone know if i could do that?

Well, its just my humble opinion, but I don't think "imagination" is limited to building cars only. Cut, weld, chop and let 'er rip. Heck, if Jessie James can make a seat out of a copper pot, you ought to be able to make a seat that fits that bike. I saw that on TV and you know that it has to be true if they show it on TV.:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahaha yeah man when it comes to bikes cars trucks the sky rele is the limit if you have the knowledge or the money to back you anything is possible, another idea i just got if i got just a piece of sheet metal cut it to the shape i want idk any local places here but is there any like big main stream stores that specialize in like just putting the cushion on and covering the seat cuz i very artistic and i can get wild with an angle grinder lol or a welder.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Very nice project bike, looks gooooooooood, sounds wicked!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i got the bike got it running, like i said im a big car guy this is my first bike project, and on all my cars i put turbo's on does anyone know how to put a turbo on a bike?
on cars your exhaust manifold is replaced with the turbo manifold, so does anyone know a company that makes custom manifolds? and what all parts will i need because the intercooler for a car is far to big for a bike, therefore im not sure where to get the supplies i need to do this. also i was looking into riding gear i had a pretty bad crash a year ago no broken bones luckily but i was tore up pretty bad mostly my fault i was in shorts and a tank top, but what size riding pants would i wear im a pretty small guy in jeans i wear a 28/30 but all the pants i see are like 38's and up id rele like to avoid having road rash again, so if any one knows any of the answers to my questions that would be awesome thanks, carrington.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
carrington, you just asked a loaded question. All manufactures are different. Here's some ideas & some links go parusing I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what's best for you.

http://www.tourmaster.com/

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

http://wingstuff.com/cat_apparel.php

http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/?utm_source=Protect-Pants.com&utm_medium=Magazine&utm_campaign=CycleWorld

The last link is for under clothes armor which I actually am thinking seriously about. Good Luck. Ride safe & leave the sneakers at home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, sorry i just have alot of questions. like i said this is my first bike project, i can do cars all day long, but motorcycles unless its a dirt bike
im pretty much lost in the desert without a map haha. but thanks man and yeah im deff getting riding boots, my niki's wont cut it for how i ride, i know people probably think im crazy wanting to turbo an 1100cc motorcycle but im an adrenaline junky. thanks for the thinks though man.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Fallen. You could check out Magnacharger and see if they have anything that fits an 1100. I know there were blowers for 1200's a while back too so there's gotta be something out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts