Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,
I am relatively new to this site, but have been viewing in the background in order to learn more about the "Wing". As such, I am interested in purchasing one as a second bike. I currently have an '08 Suzuki M109R2, and would like to add a touring bike to the stable.
I have considered purchasing new, but have been reading that I could find a used Wing and save a lot of dough and still have a dependable scoot. Well, I have found (online) an '05 GL1800 ABS. It has 52,985 miles, and the dealer is asking $12,545.
Question: Is this a good price considering the year and mileage? Also, I understand there were some frame issues with the '04/'05s if my memory serves me correctly.
I'd appreciate any insight you all could provide. Thanks, in advance.

Cheers,
Fall-Guy

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Howdy Fall-Guy from East Texas. I ride a GL 1500 so not familiar with prices on GL 1800 but it sounds good. There was a frame recall so perhaps you can find out if the recall inspection was done. Others will jump in here shortly and share more on this.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. There are some really nice wins out there take you time and find that one that's right for you.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome fall-guy. The recall was on '02-'03 Wings. The recall is still in effect at Honda's dime, but doubt there will be any affected bikes left undone by now. The VIN sticker should have a punch mark on the lower right corner of the tag if the recall's been done by a Honda dealer. No punch, no recall fix. Any Honda dealer can run th eVIN and check if the recall was done also (American dealer for US bikes, Cdn dealer for us northern types).
Price is definitely top dollar so the bike should be absolute mint to command it.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello fall guy, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Well Fall-Guy I see our BOSS answered your questions (correctly too in this Ole Fossil's opinion) so I'll just say:

Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum. KBB says the retail price is around $13k. Trade-in is around
$10k so price should fall somewhere in between..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello and welcome, if we can't answer your questions I'm sure we can bs enough, just kidding on the bs. Bike had better have some good farkle and be in superb shape for the money. I'm thinking top end of price range. Check to make sure the brake recall has been done, I think it's within range for that recall.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the forum fall-guy.
Good luck with the search for a wing.
I just recently purchased a 93 Aspy from Tryke Lady, and enjoying it.
This is my third Wing and loved the other two as much as this one.
An 84, 88, & now 93. I also have an 02 ST-1100 great bike also.
Keep looking and you will find what you want.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I'd offer 10K on the bike, at 52K miles the bike is just getting broke in. Did you ask why the person traded the bike in. The isn't that much change in these bikes from 2001 to 2010, or even the 2012, 2013's.

And a big WELCOME to the forum from sunny Oregon

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Howdy Fall-Guy and welcome to the GWOF!

Good luck with your Wing search!

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
12K for an '05 isn't outrageous, depending on the condition. Good luck with this.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Hello and welcome from Mryland

1 - 15 of 15 Posts