Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Noobe from the Suzuki volusia site. I also own a 2003 Suzuki Volusia and just purchased a 1995 SE Gold Wing.

I am from Texas, the DFW area.

Here is a link (below) to some pictures of it. Trent Cooke is a previous owner of the bike.

It is at the dealership having the usual things serviced fluids, timing belts, air filter, fuel filter, etc. Previous guy had the bike for a year and only put 400 miles on it so I am having to have the carbs rebuilt because the idle surges. The bike has 30,220 miles on it so I think she has some hwy time left in her.

Anyway I don't have pictures taken by me yet but here are some of it that the previous owner had taken and they were posted on the web. Mine is the "Magenta" one.....looks purple to me. There are actually several pictures of it.....just scroll through the pictures and all of the purple ones are my bike.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_gl_1500_se_gold_wing_1995.php

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing
Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello bevman, welcome to GWOF and congrats

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Bevman, from the Far East....about 50 miles east of you in Allen, Texas. Congratulations on the new Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....Thats a great looking Wing. My previous ride was a 2007 Boulevard. Great Bikes

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!

I came over here from the Volusia site. I am still registered there, but I have not visited that forum for two years. I had an Silver and White 04. It was a nice ride.

I don't really miss it though....as I am now riding this 94 Wing.

There must be a million Wings in Texas.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a great color that pictures don't do justice to. So why the purchase ? Are you planning a four corner trip around your little state of Texas ?

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy your new Wing and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Time to get out before it gets too hot. Enjoy that wing. Eric

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Welcome to the site. I've only seen one other magenta Wing, belonged to a former member here, but he had to give it up due to health concerns. Striking machine I think.

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Howdy Bevman from Dan from East Texas. No riding for us Texas boys today but spring is here and soon you'll be grinning from ear to ear with that new ride. How much you pay for it? Recently got a 95 1500 with 24k and have been restoring it too as mine sat up for awhile. Dam ethanol gas. I'm nearly done as all I have left is tires and timing belts. Told a friend of mine I was nearly done and he said, "you're never done". Sounds like a nice bike, enjoy. You wanna ride sometime up in northeast Tx?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Howdy Bevman from Dan from East Texas. No riding for us Texas boys today but spring is here and soon you'll be grinning from ear to ear with that new ride. How much you pay for it? Recently got a 95 1500 with 24k and have been restoring it too as mine sat up for awhile. Dam ethanol gas. I'm nearly done as all I have left is tires and timing belts. Told a friend of mine I was nearly done and he said, "you're never done". Sounds like a nice bike, enjoy. You wanna ride sometime up in northeast Tx?
Dan- a ride in NE Texas sounds great!!!

You got a better deal than I did, I paid $6,700.oo for mine but the guy threw in 2 Shoei helmets with communication so maybe I didn't do too bad with 30,000 miles on her. The shop repair/maintenance bill is really expensive but necessary since I had no service history on the bike. I'm having all the fluids changed, all filters replaced, new timing belts, new brake pads and carbs rebuilt, the last owner didn't do her any favor by not riding her.......idle was surging due to clogged carbs but otherwise it ran great

I actually followed along with your trip (via the posts on this site) when you picked yours up in New Mexico and brought it back home. I was just looking at Gold Wings then and was "lurking" the GWOF until I decided for sure that I wanted one. Your adventure was quite entertaining, I think you made the right decision in not riding her back. I had the same delima when I picked mine up about 250 miles from DFW and raining to boot......I trailered mine back home too.

I'm looking forward to getting her out on the road and putting some miles on her........still at the dealership now though.... Do you belong to a local chapter of Goldwing riders? My wife just signed us up but haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm hoping to take some rides with them too!!

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts

Do you belong to a local chapter of Goldwing riders? My wife just signed us up but haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm hoping to take some rides with them too!!
I'll send you a pm with my phone number. Let me know when you want to ride. I hook up sometimes with a few Burgman riders from Dallas and do group rides with them or we could do a run together over to Jefferson and Caddo Lake and get some catfish. You ride solo? My wife has yet to ride with me. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday in April and I told her a weekend ride with her to the Texas Hill Country to look at the wildflowers.

Haven't joined the GWRRA yet but plan to do so soon.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard! That's a great color that pictures don't do justice to. So why the purchase ? Are you planning a four corner trip around your little state of Texas ?
Chopin- I made the Gold Wing purchase after riding my Suzuki Volusia for many months and I really enjoyed it but my wife likes to ride along. The Suzuki 2 up maxes out about 75-80 MPH going up hill, nothing left in reserve and it's LOUD....I have cobra Street Rod exhaust pipes on it. The Suzuki is great for around town when I want to look like the "Harley rider" but not so good for longer 2 up hwy/long distance trips. I researched everything, Harley Electraglide, Yamaha Venture, Kawasaki Voyager and Honda Gold Wing.......I made the mistake of letting my wife sit on a Gold Wing at a dealership then found a great deal on a 2007 Yamaha Venture with 1,700 miles for $10,000 and asked my wife what she thought.......her response was "it isn't a Gold Wing" Well the decision was made......so I started looking for a Gold Wing and found the 1995 SE a couple of weeks ago and bought it last weekend.......been at the dealership ever since and can't wait to get it back. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Banned
3,114 Posts

You got a better deal than I did, I paid $6,700.oo for mine but the guy threw in 2 Shoei helmets with communication so maybe I didn't do too bad with 30,000 miles on her. The shop repair/maintenance bill is really expensive but necessary since I had no service history on the bike. I'm having all the fluids changed, all filters replaced, new timing belts, new brake pads and carbs rebuilt, the last owner didn't do her any favor by not riding her.......idle was surging due to clogged carbs but otherwise it ran great

I actually followed along with your trip (via the posts on this site) when you picked yours up in New Mexico and brought it back home. I was just looking at Gold Wings then and was "lurking" the GWOF until I decided for sure that I wanted one. Your adventure was quite entertaining, I think you made the right decision in not riding her back. I had the same delima when I picked mine up about 250 miles from DFW and raining to boot......I trailered mine back home too.

I'm looking forward to getting her out on the road and putting some miles on her........still at the dealership now though.... Do you belong to a local chapter of Goldwing riders? My wife just signed us up but haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm hoping to take some rides with them too!!
Bevan,

When you get your GWRRA packet, it will contain the Gold Book. This is a voluntary listing of GWRRA members who are available to help others on the road from providing trailer and tools to places to stay and the likes. I am listed in Lynnwood, WA.
I highly recommend the GWRRA groups to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

There is nothing better for two up riding than a Wing.

Hopefully yours came with a CB. Mine did and it is quite a bit of fun to communicate with the other chapter members on rides.

I wish I was riding around in Texas right now. You guys are getting the nice weather right now as we are getting rain system after rain system. Next week is supposed to be better for us.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bevan,

When you get your GWRRA packet, it will contain the Gold Book. This is a voluntary listing of GWRRA members who are available to help others on the road from providing trailer and tools to places to stay and the likes. I am listed in Lynnwood, WA.
I highly recommend the GWRRA groups to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

There is nothing better for two up riding than a Wing.

Hopefully yours came with a CB. Mine did and it is quite a bit of fun to communicate with the other chapter members on rides.

I wish I was riding around in Texas right now. You guys are getting the nice weather right now as we are getting rain system after rain system. Next week is supposed to be better for us.

Larry- thanks for the info about GWRRA
Yes it does have a CB.....I didn't really get the reason for it but communicating with other Gold Wing riders makes sense.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Bevman:
Once you start using the CB it adds a whole new enjoyment when ride with other that have the CB. Not so much for B.S'ing but for safety, points of interest , when fuel is needed, when a rest stop is needed exct.. Yes it can be used for B.S'ing, just not everybody is interested your trip to the car dealer or the maul that goes on and on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts