Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm supposed to go pickup a "new to me"1993 GL1500I with 58000 miles on it Tuesday, and I am excited to get back on a Wing.I used to own a 1984 back about 25 years ago.Have been riding my 2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 and I travel to see my Mom and sons in Alabama often and needed a bike more suited for the 120 mile (one way) trip.Any info on what kind of mpg to expect?And just general info on the bikes power,ride,ect?I will try to post some pics of it when I get it..As always thanks for all the information that is shared on here.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Milage wise, I would figure 40 or better, as my 95, triked out, get about 35. Congratulations. on your new one, hope you love it as much as I do mine.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.
Post pics when you can.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Power on the 1500's is plenty; roll-on, standing start accelleration, cruise power...all just wonderful. Luxuroius ride and accomodations for rider and passenger alike, beautiful handling and great range/mileage. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
BobbyJoe our boss is spot on in his evaluation. Th only thing I can add is if you keep the RPM's below 3K you will get your best fuel mileage once you motor on up the MPG will fall off drastically.

Myself cruising around 68MPH yielded around 39-40MPG. 70+ MPH yielded as low as 27 MPG

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. Ride safe..

·
Registered
101 Posts
The seller of my new-to-me 1500 said the same, if you keep it at 3k or less you'll get right at 40, below that it drops off dramatically.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
'96 GL1500 Se Lehman trike conversion

We have a Pinto rear gear and straight axle and do a solid 35 per gal but 60 or so is our cruising speed. The GoldWing is a heck of a bike and even a better ride!

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Congratulations on your 1500. If you want good mpgs ride slowly 50-55 mph in the hills and get close to 50 mpg. If you are riding the super slab over 70 mph, throw the good gas mileage to the wind. You will get in the 34 mpg range. Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.