Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a older rider (63) but have owned a lot of different bikes in my time. I just purchased a used 2008 Honda G.W. with 8,000 Miles on it. (about 14,000 km. I live in Ontario Canada) I love the bike and would like to know how many miles I can expect to get out of the tires before I have to replace them. I am not an agressive driver. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I got about 8,000 miles on the last set I replaced--could have gone a bit longer, but I like to err on the side of caution when it comes to tires.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello knee, welcome to GWOF. one of tthe 1800 owners could give you a better answer than i could

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new wing Knee, tire wear, depends on the type of tire how well you maintain tire pressure.
Dunlops about 8-10000 Bridgstone 16000 Metzler 880 10-14000. at 41 lbs front and back.
Went back to brigees this time, little harder and noisier ride but I like em better on a wet road than loops

·
Banned
7 Posts
Congrats for your new ride..As said by TOP tire wear depends on lots of different things.. How you ride,on what roads,Tire pressure and off course tires types. etc..But i would suggest that Don’t try to make tires last 10,000 miles or more or squeek the last bit of tread to save money.I always feel I am safer on a tire that is not bald.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Knee at 63 years old you will fit in well. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Morning KNEE. Bought my 08 with about 8,900 miles also back in Nov. 09. I replace the rear at 12,800 mi. A nail puncture did it in. The tread was still road worthy; albeit, it howled a lot. Front tire held on, for me , until 16,000 mi. until the cupping was so pronounced that rolling it I could feel the bump, bump, bumps. One thing for sure, a new set of tires will make the bike feel brand new for awhile. The " unofficial " miles on tires seems to be between 10 and 15 thousand miles.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Get a big bowl of popcorn and read everything there is on the forums about the Darkside. Then debate it forever.......

then go outside and enjoy the bike on a nice ride....... listening to some great music on your wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Quite a few of your fellow countrymen on the board. Ride safe and enjoy the site.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
An Alberta welcome to you Knee. I have 12,000 km on my '09 and the tyres are still looking good for now. I expect a replacement is in order in around 5-8000 more or so unless something untoward happens. I run 42 psi in the rear and I am known to ride a bit aggressively :)D), but that's in the corners so the excess wear should be more on the edge of the tread pattern (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Lots of variables as to tyre wear as others have mentioned. Just watch the wear pattern and indicator strips and you'll be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts