Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been Jeeping for a while but it's not any good for cruising down the road. So, getting tired of watching the guy's on weekends taking a ride to just ride. Figured maybe I should go get one.

Been looking on the local Craig's list for used units. Have seen several 70's bikes in the $3k range averaging just over 30k mileage. Have no idea what is a good price, mileage or the pitfalls. Bought my first Jeep on a whim, what a mistake. Don't what do that again. Hoping the forum can learn me up enough that I can make a decent choice for my starter bike.

My bike experience is on dirt bikes and dirt cross overs(Honda's by the way). Pushing retirement age so figured a nice heavy road bike would be the way to go. Even kinda wondering about sidecars for carrying the dog.

Looking forward to reading the posts on the forum and maybe swapping some lies!!!:D

·
Registered
683 Posts
... HOWDY ... AS THEY SAY ... IT's NEVER TO LATE TO START ... MONEY IS THE BIG FACTOR ... HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO SPEND AND HOW NEW DO YOU WANT ... ONE THING TO REMEMBER WHEN BUYING ANYTHING USED YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO PUT A FEW $$$ IN IT ... I BOUGHT A 85LTD. USED ... QUESTIONED THE OWNER FOR AS MUCH INFO. AND HISTORY ON THE BIKE AS POSSIBLE ... FELT GOOD ABOUT THE SELLER AND THE MACHINE ... GAVE HIM HIS FULL ASKING PRICE AND RODE AWAY ... HAPPY TRAILS ... RETIRING IS GOOD ... MORE TIME FOR RIDING AND NAPS ...

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. A touring bike like the Wing is ideal for trips and something you would enjoy. That said, make sure you feel comfortable riding whatever you buy. It's a big step up from dirt bikes to Wings. Also, find one that fits within your dollar range. Good luck on your search. Lots of great used Wings out there. You just need to find the one for you.

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
113, Welcome to the forum. Good Luck finding the Bike that "Calls you"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts