Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 wing from the west coast last week and road it back to Ohio. 30 to 50 MPH crosswinds in the Mohave desert and Arizona and New Mexico. Made the trip in 4-1/2 days. I don't think I could have made the trip in that time on any other bike. I had never ridden a wing before that trip. Great Bike! My question, Not used to the cramped foot position from peg to the shifter. Has anyone had experience with Kuryakyn's heel tow shifter while using the existing peg?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello mmkleine, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Have never had a heel/toe shifter so I can't comment. I have the Kuryakyn Ergo II pegs and they work well for long trips..

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I have a heal toe shifter with floorboards on my 1800 just did not like the pegs ,just remember to get a kickstand extension or you'll have to lift the floorboard everytime you wan't to put the stand down. Congrat's on your new Wing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I've got the h/t shifter and Kury mini boards. Didn't like the stock pegs at all but my h/t works great after a bit of fine tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts