Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got this great deal on a 08 goldwing that has everything except airbag. Anyway I had it up on the center stand and was looking under it, and under the rear fender aft of the tire (basically behind the license plate), there is a box? that has a drain line coming off of it. Ok so what is it? What does it do? I can't find a way to get into it.

thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sounds like you are describing the amp for the sound system. No need to get into it unless its messed up. Used to be easy to remove the rear wheel while on the centerstand. All you had to do was take the fender loose. Now the amp is in the way so it is easier to put the bike on a jack or lay the bike over on the guards to change the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Red Ron is right, it is the amp for the radio, but you can still remove the tire without taking it off, just put a 2X4 or 2X6 under the center stand and tilt the rear wheel as you remove it, or you cand do it this way, watch the video!!
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217161

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, that was easy. Now my next question will how to get to the airbox. This goldwing was stored in a pole barn for 3 years (I got it with only 1054 miles on it), but mice have gotten up into the engine cavities. I keep finding peanut shells behind different bike panels.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts