Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 and 2006 Honda CBR600RR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

For most of my career in the military I've had a motorcycle. There was a period during my first marriage where I got rid of my motorcycle because my wife. She didn't want to ride and always thought I was out there giving other girls rides. I wasn't I just luv to ride. Needless to say at some point I was with out a wife and a motorcycle. It was then I told myself I would never give up my motorcycle for a women again, and I haven't.
I owned a 83' Kawasaki 440LTD, 89' Kawasaki 454LTD, 77' Yamaha, 98' Kawasaki Vulcan (son has), 2006 Honda CBR600RR (still have) and now a 2002 Goldwing.
I belong to Thunder N Lightning Motorcycle Club in Virginia and we luv to ride. I'm hoping with the Goldwing to get more long rides in.
The first thing I need to do is fix a few problems like; F1 light on, hazard switch replacement and cruise control switch not locking staying open.

·
Super Moderator
12,287 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried cleaning the switches?

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁 As cantankerous has said with the switches try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the switches and then blow the excess out with air. My cruise switch stuck on and I freeded it by doing the above. While spraying and after keep working the switch, the grease that Honda put in hardens after a time causing the problem.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Super Moderator
10,047 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Administrator
15,393 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. That F1 light will have long and short flashes when you turn on the key to let you know the issue. The switches are an issue with these and the solution has been given. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 and 2006 Honda CBR600RR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried cleaning the switches?
I cleaned the hazard switch so it does not stick now but it still does not work. I think there is supposed to be a spring in it that is missing.
After spraying the cruise control switch with lots of contact cleaner it is now working. I still want to get that hazard switch in working order!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I cleaned the hazard switch so it does not stick now but it still does not work. I think there is supposed to be a spring in it that is missing.
After spraying the cruise control switch with lots of contact cleaner it is now working. I still want to get that hazard switch in working order!!!!!!
Time for a new switch then. You tried to save it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts