Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have just joined your forum and would like to introduce myself. My Name is Paul and I live near Niagara Falls Canada. I am in the market for a Goldwing and will be heading to Arizona in a few weeks where I have rented one for a week to make certain that this is the bike for me. I currently ride a Suzuki Volusia which I purchased new in 2003. I have been looking all over Canada and the USA for "THE" bike but I am not in a hurry so I can wait until I find it. If anyone has ideas or suggestions to help me in my search they would be greatly appreciated!

Have an awesome day

Paul

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcomefrom out in Alberta Pwkann. Must be gorgeous down there thins time of year. Where in AZ are you headed...Phoenix, Yuma, Tucson? Some great riding down there. Prescott, Sedona, Wickenburg, all great bike roads to and from to test the mettle of a Wing. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Take your trip to AZ and enjoy your time on the Wing. When you are done you will have your answer. Ride safe and have a great time..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks detdrbuzzard, I use craiglook several times a day but as I am not really a great computer geek I thought that I may be missing many. Budoka we will be starting in Phoenix then head towards the Grand Canyon, past Vegas and then anywhere that looks cool. We have 7 days and I really want to give the bike a good audition. I have wanted a Goldwing for a long time with the intention of taking a few months off when I turn 50 and cruise on up to Alaska via every where! And then to Newfoundland and then maybe go back to work.Two wheel wing, I think something really bad would have to happen for me to not buy a wing but my butt will let me know....so to speak!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Arizona

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of good rides out here. Emjoy the scenery and be safe.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Welcome from one who lives in Virginia, but whose heart resides in Arizona. You are heading out there at a good time: after the extreme valley heat and before the mountain snow. What town will you start from? I'll be coming out there in March or April and doing the same thing but I rent a Harley as the local dealer is only about 5 miles from where I stay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will start in Phoenix. We want to hit the Grand Canyon and Vegas other than that no plans. Any suggestions for routes would be appreciated. It all looks so incredibly beautiful!
Thanks for all of the welcomes!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
There are many routes out of Phoenix that will wind you over to Vegas or back. Don't miss Sedona (my opinion) it's gorgeous, and be mindful of the weather near Flagstaff if you go through there on the way to the Grand Canyon. It's high elevation and they can get some nasty stuff anytime during fall and early winter, but it's also beautiful. Heck, the whole darn region is just plain fabulous. Colour me jealous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts