Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum but looking at 1800 goldwings. Have been riding a vtx 1300 for about 6 years and looking for a change. Just not sure if I am quite ready yet to make the change.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello manttila and welcome to GWOF. if you are thinking about a goldwing then you are ready for a goldwing

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Where is home for you?? You will be very happy with the Wing's handling and balance. Try it... you'll like it... Ride safe and enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Good morning from Virginia. Been there, done that. Last November I did it. It took a few thousand miles to get over the psychological weight factor, but now that I'm settled in I can truly say this bus is easier to ride and has never made me feel uncomfortable about what she was going to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Welcome from another Pa guy. Come in snoop through the posts & our member's profiles. Learn as much as you can, find a way to ride one if you can. I'm sure you'll like what you see & feel.

We have some really good people here with good info as well so don't be afraid to ask questions.

One more thing Where are you from?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Manttila. Yes test ride if you can, but be prepared 'cause the thinking turns to wanting:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greetings

Thanks for all the greetings. It will happen some day, just not sure when, but when it does this forum will continue to be very helpful.

I took a 2003 GL1800 in CT (I am in Mass for those who asked) for a ride over the weekend and it is different from the VTX1300R. Not good or bad just different with lots of power!:)

This may sound a bit crazy but have you ever heard of a Goldwing owner looking to trade down?:eek: I would rather not tie up the money by buying a Goldwing and then selling the VTX in the spring. I even posted locally on CL over the weekend to see if someone might be interested. I thought I would just go by the NADA on both bikes and pay the difference.

Am I crazy for even trying this approach?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
No crazier than any of us here! Advertise your VTX now and see if someone bites with a possible trade. At the very least you may sell your VTX and then you have the coin in your jeans.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try the barter thing first because I don't want to loose the ride plus a straight out sale this time of year would not be good.

Once I reach the post requirement I will put something in the for sale forum.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Trade in value on my 06 1300C 17,000 miles ,as seen in the picture I posted below, was $ 4,500. I sold it locally for $4,800.00 The 1300R and the 1300C are different bikes. I only post this for what I got for what I had.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nada kbb

I just did a quick check on NADA and KBB and average price with the accessories I have is about $7,000 not including any value from the extended warantee. I was just looking for an impartial pricing comparison if I found someone who wanted to do a swap. I just posted something on the for sale forum to see what happens.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from NC and good luck on the swap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
New to forum but looking at 1800 goldwings. Have been riding a vtx 1300 for about 6 years and looking for a change. Just not sure if I am quite ready yet to make the change.
The best part of owning a Wing is you'll already know what your next bike will be. You'll never want to ride anything else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts