Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone: New to the wing forum. Live in Barrie Ontario Canada. I have been riding for well over 30 years working from a 350 Honda to my 2009 Gl1800. Before the wing I rode a Kawasaki Voyager 12 and for almost 15 years a Yamaha Venture. I had an origanal 650 Silver Wing. (Don't compare to the new Silver Wing).
We've been riding 2 up for over 30 as I came to the marrigae with a bike. Well that was about all I brought!!!
I'm starting out my intro with an issue as well. Been starting the bike on and off through out the winter. Started today and my multi screen is out. So no controls for the stereo, cb, mp3 player or GPS. Does anyone know which fuse controls this? I wanna check before taking the bike in.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I can't help with your problem but some one will help soon. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Greetings Timmer, welcome to the GWOF.

There was a similar discussion just a couple days ago here is a link to that thread. A different issue but I believe you will find a reset procedure there.

I'm sure some of the same gusy will jump in here as well.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10044

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read that other thead but it seems a little different. His was working when it went out riding. Mine is just AWOL. It was there just last week. I've tried starting it seveal times with no response. I can't find info anywhere if there is a fuse or relay for it.
Thanks for the welcomes.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I know this isn't what you NEED to hear at this moment but I'm saying it anyway:

Good Morning and Welcome to the GWOF!!!:)

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello timmer, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Yes, good morning fellow Winger and welcome to the forum. Just wait long enough and the gear heads will be here to help you. I'm on a 1500 so not familiar with your bike. Hope you get-r-done soon and get back your big ole grin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When my Battery started to go dead a while back, crazy things started to go wrong the with the bike's electronics. The display would not work, and the stereo quit working. Once I replaced the battery, everything was fine.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Welcome to GWOF Timmer. It could be the reset or it could be a fuse. I'll see what I can do about the fuse location.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome from Texas....OK, Check fuse 31 (15amp) in the fuse box next to the battery. That fuse delivers power to the Multi Display and Nav System. The manual also says that if the system or displays have been cold for a long time, it may take 3 to 4 minutes for them to warm up and come on. However I would think that this only applies to the visual part and not the switches.

·
Premium Member
6,425 Posts
Hey everyone: New to the wing forum. Live in Barrie Ontario Canada. I have been riding for well over 30 years working from a 350 Honda to my 2009 Gl1800. Before the wing I rode a Kawasaki Voyager 12 and for almost 15 years a Yamaha Venture. I had an origanal 650 Silver Wing. (Don't compare to the new Silver Wing).
We've been riding 2 up for over 30 as I came to the marrigae with a bike. Well that was about all I brought!!!
I'm starting out my intro with an issue as well. Been starting the bike on and off through out the winter. Started today and my multi screen is out. So no controls for the stereo, cb, mp3 player or GPS. Does anyone know which fuse controls this? I wanna check before taking the bike in.
Thanks
Welcome Timmer! If you can't find the reason it should still be under warranty.

May I make a suggestion? I would not sporadically start the bike during the winter. This causes condensation to build up in the engine. If you're not going to ride it, put a battery tender on it & leave it be. Also, I would change the oil before you ride it when it warms up. JMHO.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , hope all goes well for you

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome from Pa. ride safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts