Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
1979 GL1000 and 1976 GL1000 LTD
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to find a forum where I can share my experiences with owning and riding my vintage Goldwings. I have 2, a black 1979 GL1000 that I've owned for 36 years. My more recent acquisition is a bike I've been searching around for quite a few years, a perfectly maintained 1976 GL1000 LTD, which is in original and beautiful condition with less than 12,000 miles on her. I have the original manual and I've added Corbin seats to both, as well as a few Kuryakyn accessories to make them more comfortable to ride and that make them stand out. I don't believe in a major modification that cannot be reversed, so I don't make cuts or welds and I keep a catalog of all the original parts to restore them to original condition should I choose. Here are photos. The first is where my '79 is parked up on Independence Pass, in the Colorado Rockies. The second is my LTD with the same soft bags on her.
79Goldwing2010IndependencePassTrip.jpg 76GoldwingLTD1.jpg

I look forward to offering and receiving ideas from the group to further enjoy my motorcycling experiences and working on my bikes.

Registered
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.馃榿

Reactions: Luv2fish

Super Moderator
Welcome

Super Moderator
/Welcome to you from Mississippi. Wow, beautiful bikes. I love that you are keeping those classics out on the road. I hope to do the same when I retire. RayJ has one of a similar vintage that he is working one getting road worthy. He also will be picking up one with a sidecar somewhere in Colorado in a month or so.

My first forestry job was up in Gould, Colorado. I've had Hwy 14 through the Cache La Poudre canyon on my bucket list ever since. I'll be by, just give me 22 months, and 14 days......but who is counting.
2020 07 26 Blue Front Cafe 01 (2).jpg

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

Premium Member
Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. Love riding in your state.
Loveland Pass Dillon, CO.JPG Loveland Pass (2).JPG Buena Vista , CO  KOA.JPG

Registered
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Registered
Hay Mate welcome to the forum. We have a ball on this thing. Where are you in Colorado. My naked Wing is a totally original 1975 with a bunch of miles. My second one I will pick up in Colorado in April is a 77 with a side car. Getting it from the original owner. It has 79k on it and is ready to go. I will send you a PM with my phone number. Give me a call and we can catch up and talk old Wings.

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Some of my early years were in Colorado and I still miss the mountains and pine trees.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from a new rider and wing owner. 1985 GL1200l limited in northeast Pa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts