Honda Goldwing Forum banner

New to be GoldWing owner

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  rmrc51 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2005 GL1800 with a brand new Roadsmith trike conversion. Previously, I owned a 97 Valkyrie with a MotorTrike unit.

I knew I wanted to upgrade to a more comfortable ride and get away from carburetors to a more reliable and less maintenance fuel injection setup. It was between a Harley Tri-Glide, and a Wing. From all of the people I spoke to, everyone said the the GoldWing was clearly the most comfortable for cruising. Comfort, along with reliability are my top priorities!

The only down side regarding the GW (and Valkyrie for that matter) are the foot positions. I could never get comfortable with my feet straight down. As luck would have it, just this past July 4th Roadsmith came out with their 'Comfort Controls' (see link below). I'm having these installed and hoping that they will make a difference in leg position and comfort. Now get ready for all of my questions, lol. :D

http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Lots of folks on here with a great deal of knowledge, so ask away...(wish I was one of them..LOL)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.