Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2005 GL1800 with a brand new Roadsmith trike conversion. Previously, I owned a 97 Valkyrie with a MotorTrike unit.

I knew I wanted to upgrade to a more comfortable ride and get away from carburetors to a more reliable and less maintenance fuel injection setup. It was between a Harley Tri-Glide, and a Wing. From all of the people I spoke to, everyone said the the GoldWing was clearly the most comfortable for cruising. Comfort, along with reliability are my top priorities!

The only down side regarding the GW (and Valkyrie for that matter) are the foot positions. I could never get comfortable with my feet straight down. As luck would have it, just this past July 4th Roadsmith came out with their 'Comfort Controls' (see link below). I'm having these installed and hoping that they will make a difference in leg position and comfort. Now get ready for all of my questions, lol. :D

http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas
Enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome to our forum, what a way to start off,nice intro and you brought a nice product to the table that I can use. We may have questions for you.:D

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Lots of folks on here with a great deal of knowledge, so ask away...(wish I was one of them..LOL)

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello rmrc, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new trike.
Post a pic when you can.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Howdy from the Richmond VA area! Congrats, ride safe & often!

Mark

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Greetings from PA.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome from Pa. Congrats on your new Wing.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome Rick. Like that avy:cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome Rick. Like that avy:cool:
She's a Valkyrie. Freyja, Queen of the Valkyries. I had her painted on the tank of my Valkyrie trike and the side panels. Maybe I can find a place for her on the Wing, We'll see. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.