Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 8300 miles on my Wing , at how many miles should I change the tires?

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
with the 1500 wing i got down to the wear bars on the rear tire and on the front the wear bars were almost worn out when i changed it

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I have 12k on my original D250s and they're just about done, but not at the wear bars yet. I have the new set of 'stones ready in waiting. Very slight cupping on the front, but as I posted before, equal on both sides. Going to move this over to the wheels and tires section.;)

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I still have the front tire (E3's) that came with the bike. Thats 15K of my own riding. No idea how many was on it before I got it. Lee can attest that it was thin in North Carolina, so I guess I am taking it in on Monday cause "Daddy needs a new pair of shoes".

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I still have the front tire (E3's) that came with the bike. Thats 15K of my own riding. No idea how many was on it before I got it. Lee can attest that it was thin in North Carolina, so I guess I am taking it in on Monday cause "Daddy needs a new pair of shoes".
You have your Michelin on yet ????????

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im thinking about a car tire now , but i called my local honda dealer and he will not do it

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
When I had my 09 Wing in for inspection in May they said I was down to about 50%. I had 9k miles on her then. On my 1500 I usually changed the tires between 15-16k just for peace of mind. I'll probably change the 1800 around 15k unless I see abnormal wear. I do mostly 1 up riding and probably 60% superslab. I check the tire pressure everytime I take her out because it seems to have a tendency to lose air when it sits for any length of time..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gordo have you tried Pete's Cycle shop on Belair Rd. I use to get work done there years ago when I lived in Parkville. Sorry I missed you all in DC but it was a really good day. I'm up in Shrewsbury PA .

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
im thinking about a car tire now , but i called my local honda dealer and he will not do it
That is like bringing your own bottle into a bar. He doesn't want to mount a tire he doesn't sell for such a little profit. There are plenty of tire shops that will mount it for you.

Tip from other darksiders on tire mounting. Don't call them, go to their shop and ask them. Over the phone, they don't want to get into a debate on it over a phone call. One way or the other on this issue. Some people have been known to call motorcycle shops to ask them that question only to tell them about the "liability" of a car tire on a motorcycle, yada yada yada.

Here is a generic motorcycle shop that mounts and balances tires in your city. Check them out:

Mid Atlantic Cycles
"We Service Most Japanese Bikes"
2133 N Fountain Green Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015
(410) 420-1800

When I google motorcycle tire shops in your city, these guys come up:

Doug's Tire Service
103 W Belle St, Ridgely, MD 21660
http://www.dougstireservice.com
(410) 479-2238

Bel Air Motorcycle
29 E Ellendale St
Bel Air, MD 21014
Phone: 410-459-8974

Is this the Honda Shop that won't do it?

Pete's Cycle
7511 Belair Road Baltimore MD 21236
Phone: (410) 663-8556

Also, if you ever shopped for tires at Motorcycle superstore, they give you a list of preferred installers. That is where I found the shop that mounts and balances motorcycle tires about 15 blocks from my home. They mounted my tires without comment.​

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I did my tires I took the wheels off the bike myself and hand carried them to a bike shop to be mounted...Cheaper that way too. With tire in hand they would have a tendency to say less and just mount the tire for 10-15 bucks... Got to remember there are people that think the use of CT's is nuts. But its their lack of full knowledge an their money, and our freedom to make our own decisions. Next think ya know they start to think like our govt telling us whats not good for us, RIGHT!

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gordo have you tried Pete's Cycle shop on Belair Rd. I use to get work done there years ago when I lived in Parkville. Sorry I missed you all in DC but it was a really good day. I'm up in Shrewsbury PA .
I live like 3 miles from there , that's were I bought the wing, but they will not do it

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is like bringing your own bottle into a bar. He doesn't want to mount a tire he doesn't sell for such a little profit. There are plenty of tire shops that will mount it for you.

Tip from other darksiders on tire mounting. Don't call them, go to their shop and ask them. Over the phone, they don't want to get into a debate on it over a phone call. One way or the other on this issue. Some people have been known to call motorcycle shops to ask them that question only to tell them about the "liability" of a car tire on a motorcycle, yada yada yada.

Here is a generic motorcycle shop that mounts and balances tires in your city. Check them out:

Mid Atlantic Cycles
"We Service Most Japanese Bikes"
2133 N Fountain Green Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015
(410) 420-1800

When I google motorcycle tire shops in your city, these guys come up:

Doug's Tire Service
103 W Belle St, Ridgely, MD 21660
http://www.dougstireservice.com
(410) 479-2238

Bel Air Motorcycle
29 E Ellendale St
Bel Air, MD 21014
Phone: 410-459-8974

Is this the Honda Shop that won't do it?

Pete's Cycle
7511 Belair Road Baltimore MD 21236
Phone: (410) 663-8556

Also, if you ever shopped for tires at Motorcycle superstore, they give you a list of preferred installers. That is where I found the shop that mounts and balances motorcycle tires about 15 blocks from my home. They mounted my tires without comment.​
Thanks Larry never even thought about taking it to mid atlantic that's 2 miles away from me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.