Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

That tire on the left has almost 20,xxx miles on it. It is around 6 years old. He asked me if I thought he should put his new one on? Then I found that his brake pads were done. Inner wore more than the outer (slider friction). He will be getting all fixed up. Brakes flushed, pins/sliders cleaned and lubed, splines even look good. That will be cleaned and re-greased with the moly 60 paste. Even getting the final drive oil changed. We will be doing timing belts, front brake/clutch fluid change, fix his kury highway pegs (slipped down), and loose windshield.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
a person always feels good after a job well done
especially when it saves a lot of money by not paying someone else to do it

job well done!(y)

·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He’s all done and on the road. “Just watch the hot rod starts and fancy braking for 150 miles” I reminded him. He’s got a leaky slave cylinder on the clutch. But he’s known about it for a while, and tops up the reservoir every now and then. Says he’s going to keep an eye out for a replacement this winter. 1989 with 91,xxx on it. I counted 15 panels painted @ Wing Ding in 1990. He says that the matching trailer is pinstriped to match. I wondered what 15-20 panels in 1990 by Chicken Scratchin’ cost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts