Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new stator, US built, on my 84 interstate 1200. The manufactor, whom I spoke to personaly, informed me that the new stator would produce 20 percent more than my old one, which it does according to my volt meter. Would this new stator produce enough to accomadate some heated gear for my wifw and myself. I don't want to tax the new stator and damage it, but heated gear would be nice. Bike has no other add on lights or ginger bread. Thanks in advance DW

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
so what is the output of the new stator? with the stock stator i never used anything but my heated jacket liner so i didn't put too much stress on the system

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some believe the stator puts out too much voltage; & more voltage draw to a point is
a good thing. Some believe the new stator will fry like the origional because of design.
Personally having replaced the stators in both of my own 1200s; measuring the voltage
of both; my readings are almost 15 volts. The book say's over 15 is too much.If I rember
right; there is nearly 6 volt's off of each leg of the stator that's 18 volt's for your rectafier to drop to 14+ or a little less. A little heat generated? Triwing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.