Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! My name is Dustin and I live between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I recently purchased a 2002 Goldwing and I am looking to make a trip Halloween weekend. I am 23 and have finally convinced the wife to ride with me since I bought this "Cadillac".I am looking to leave my hometown, Gonzales Louisiana and head up to the Smokies. I can't decide if I want to hurry up and get to the mountains then ride or take my time on the back roads. I will be leaving on a Wednesday night and returning on Sunday night. We will be sleeping in tents at campgrounds. Please feel free to give me some feedback of some routes you guys would take. I would love to finalize a route before I leave.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canada YGR. It's all about the journey, not the destination with a Wing. I envy you for your upcoming adventure and I'm sure some of the other members will chime in with their suggestions. Angels on your shoulders.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from the Western side of Canada YGR. I too am envious, I likely had my last daily Wing commute to work this morning, darkling clouds loom on the horizon :(. Shiney side up and we love pics.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Nice folks and good info on here. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ygr, welcome to GWOF.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
23 years old on a Goldwing ? You'll need a chaperon.
Yeesh, and I thought I was an early bloomer er, boomer (?) at almost 27 when I bought my '84. Start 'em young and teach 'em well I say.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hi guys! My name is Dustin and I live between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I recently purchased a 2002 Goldwing and I am looking to make a trip Halloween weekend. I am 23 and have finally convinced the wife to ride with me since I bought this "Cadillac".I am looking to leave my hometown, Gonzales Louisiana and head up to the Smokies. I can't decide if I want to hurry up and get to the mountains then ride or take my time on the back roads. I will be leaving on a Wednesday night and returning on Sunday night. We will be sleeping in tents at campgrounds. Please feel free to give me some feedback of some routes you guys would take. I would love to finalize a route before I leave.
Hello and Welcome, Do`nt wait to long to get up to the mountains Just got back the leaf colors are great,And it is getting cold up there,But I guess that is what leather is to help with lol

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome from NC.

If I have limited time, I generally take the straighter route if I have a destination. Then I can wander back and make the end of the trip the best part.

If I have no destination, then I follow the weather and let it be my guide both in direction and speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts