Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
A bit of a loaded question preston, we are a Goldwing site so We all are going to tell you to get a Wing.

Here's the other side, you say New Rider.

Have you ever ridden?
If so what size bike?
If you are in fact a "new rider" take a Motorcycle Safety Course.
Most States have them you learn on smaller machines & learn lots of good techiques that will help you while you ride.

Give us some more info if you please & we can help better.

By the way Welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello preston, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im 28 last time i road a bike was 250 dirt bike when i was 14 im 6'2" not sure if that maters and i do plan to take the training thing iv been wanting a bike for years just never took the plunge

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
My suggestion is since you do have some riding experiance is take the MSF course, get used to the motions again, learn the methods & to answer the direct question. You should be fine on the GL1000.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Any wing in good condition will provide good service. A black 1500 is the fastest color and the most comfortable model. JMHO
Larry your half right. The 1800 is what you meant to say :D
I think that the MSF is a great idea and then taking your time with a GL1000 is another great idea. Let us know if you get it and send pictures!!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Nekked bike is OK, but the law sorta frowns on nekked riders. Don't ask me how I know....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Any bike will be good and you are big enough to handle anything on the road. A riding course is always a good idea; maybe beat some of the old bad habits out of you. It is all balance and any wing (although I've never ridden any other but the 1800) is a good choice.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Skills learned on the dirt are very valuable in how to control a bike in gawdawful circumstances, but there are 250's and then there are 250's; huge difference between an endura 250 and a comp 250! Basicsa re the same though. Lots have jumped into the deep end of the pool and did very well, but not all. A GL 1000 is not huge by today's scale, but it is a big bike just the same with startlingly similar performance #'s to the 1800's of today so use discretion and judgement over bravado and testosterone.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
As long as it doesn't have a "naked rider" I guess it would be okay....LOL

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome to GWOF.

Get the bike, take the course and post some pix of your bike and your new freedom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the guy still hasent replyed to my email he left no contact imfo on CL i h8 when they do that its a 79 for 1200 tho the ad says it runs good just needs front tire il replace both tho if i do get it it dosent have any damage that i can see from the pics posted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts