Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new massachusettes winger looking for a club/group to ride with. resideing near Rhode Island border. I am new to cycling, licensed this year and riding my first, an 84 aspencade. going to tear down soon for repainting and repairs. the previous owner wasnt very kind to her, and i am on a tight budget but i cant think of any better place to put my extra cash. who wants to retire anyway.
email me at [email protected] and put club info in the subject line so i dont delete it as junk mail. thanks, Bruce

·
Super Moderator
15,254 Posts
hello and werlcome to goldwing owners forum vwgulfguy, you are on another forum with me but i don't remember which one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another forum?

thanks for the welcome, you from mass?
i belong to rat rod rules, and ol skool rodz forums too. maybe thats it? oh, i also belong to first flight forum out of north carolina, but dont hang out there often.
tues should be nice, takeing her out for the day. to work and the long way home.......

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vwgulfguy

Welcome to the GW Owners forum. I am new to the forum but have owned the '08 GW since '08. I love riding and I occasionally ride to New Port, RI or Providence from Hudson, NH for a day trip. I can let you know the next time I am down that way and we can do some riding if you're interested. Or when you are up in NH, you can let me know and we can ride up here. I usually travel w/ the wife.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Consider the GWRRA, its a great place to really learn how to ride safe. Most people are mid 40's and all the way up to who knows in age but all love their wings. Every year,make, and model. Worth a look anyway and it won't cost you a dime to check them out and even attend a meeting or go on a ride with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the Forum VFGulfguy. I am located in CT.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good riding.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Consider the GWRRA, its a great place to really learn how to ride safe. Most people are mid 40's and all the way up to who knows in age but all love their wings. Every year,make, and model. Worth a look anyway and it won't cost you a dime to check them out and even attend a meeting or go on a ride with them.
I joined the GWRRA in the begining of the season thay took my money...all i got sofar is a monthley E mail whan I joined I was told I would be contacted by several chapters in my aera ....hasent happend yet...

·
Premium Member
10,972 Posts
Hi from Down Under. Have fun working on the wing. There will be no retirement for me. When I stop driving trains across Australia I will have a full time job in my shed. Well that is my plan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome from CT also.
I'm rebuilding a 79 GL1000 and a 82GL1100.
I'd like to swap stories and info also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I joined the GWRRA in the begining of the season thay took my money...all i got sofar is a monthley E mail whan I joined I was told I would be contacted by several chapters in my aera ....hasent happend yet...

Well all is well now I contacted The GWRRA chapter in my aera and found out i fell through the crack and wasent contacted by a chapter because i lived between both chapters ...i am now in contact with both chapters and i am planing on going on a ride in the future :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
I joined the GWTA "T" chapter (Goldwing Touring Association, Toronto Chapter). I have made some great friends and riding buddies. A couple of days ago I joined the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). There is no chapter close to where I live but has other advantages like their Wing World magazine.
The bottom line is, if you are active, and like the other people in the chapter it's all worth it. If you are not active (like many people that are in our GWTA chapter and to this day I've never met), then you will not get anything out of the club.

Safe riding, and welcome to the board

·
Registered
111 Posts
I joined the GWTA "T" chapter (Goldwing Touring Association, Toronto Chapter). I have made some great friends and riding buddies. A couple of days ago I joined the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). There is no chapter close to where I live but has other advantages like their Wing World magazine.
The bottom line is, if you are active, and like the other people in the chapter it's all worth it. If you are not active (like many people that are in our GWTA chapter and to this day I've never met), then you will not get anything out of the club.

Safe riding, and welcome to the board

2 nd that you get what you give usually more

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
"I joined the GWRRA in the begining of the season thay took my money...all i got sofar is a monthley E mail whan I joined I was told I would be contacted by several chapters in my aera ....hasent happend yet..."

Look up a Chapter in your area.......you can find them on the net,,,,,,,,,they won't call you ,you have to go to them. They are a great bunch of people........

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gwrra

I contacted the 2 chapters in my aera and got a great response I also found out that i was suposed to get a membership package from the GWRRA with membership cards witch i never received...I am happy to report I am all set ..I received my membership package and also went on a pocker ride with a chapter and had a GREAT time I even wone $100 for the best hand 4 10s...I am planning on meeting the other chapter this weekend for a ride to mistic pizza this weekend....:D

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Glad it worked out for you,,,,,,,,,get involved and have fun........

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
My wife and I just joined the local MS GWRRA Chapter L group and they are a ton of fun. We rode to see Christmas lights in 30 F. then went to catfish house and got to fellowship with them. They invited me to their annual ride to Butler, AL on Jan 1 and then to regular meeting on Jan. 3. They are big into safety training and I am looking forward to going through their school in the spring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts