Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
It looks like this gentleman (windjammer II) is from the same neighborhood as our late friend George Henderson was from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, new to the site, thanks for the add. I'm a newbie to the Goldwing, most recently road a Street Bob. And yeah....what a diff. I have about 200 miles solo and took the wife for a short run after dinner. Well it was interesting to say the least. I didn't adjust the load as i should have perhaps and as they say it's a beast at parking lot and below speeds. Other than practice practice any advice greatly accepted! So the intro says to say as much as you want about yourself so, I'm 65, a retired Trauma RN living on the coast of NC. I was able to snag a 2008 with 16,800 mi., garage kept, shiny as new. Not to knock Harleys, I love em, but for the price and no more upper rebuilds every 25,000 etc I feel I got a steal. Looking to meet members in my area!
View attachment 278254
Congratulations…I have the similar 2008 tho probably not as nice as yours … mine has 33k. I’m in the Elizabeth City area if you are ever up this way let me know.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Welcome from the Charlotte area. Plenty of us Wingers around! Be safe.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. It looks a lot like my old bike. I just traded it in for a 2021. Slow speed is easy once you practice a bit. Low center of gravity on those bikes help a lot.

·
Registered
2008 GL 1800
6 Posts
I just rode down your way recently, though not eastern NC, went to Charlotte area. I'm not from the area though, hailing from NY.

I think riding a wing or any new bike is a process that I'm still learning, and find practicing in a lot or quiet area is beneficial and helps for when out on the road.

I like the red color of yours, it is quite stunning, and in great shape!

·
Premium Member
2007 GL1800(P) 2006 Victory Vegas
58 Posts
Greetings, new to the site, thanks for the add. I'm a newbie to the Goldwing, most recently road a Street Bob. And yeah....what a diff. I have about 200 miles solo and took the wife for a short run after dinner. Well it was interesting to say the least. I didn't adjust the load as i should have perhaps and as they say it's a beast at parking lot and below speeds. Other than practice practice any advice greatly accepted! So the intro says to say as much as you want about yourself so, I'm 65, a retired Trauma RN living on the coast of NC. I was able to snag a 2008 with 16,800 mi., garage kept, shiny as new. Not to knock Harleys, I love em, but for the price and no more upper rebuilds every 25,000 etc I feel I got a steal. Looking to meet members in my area!
View attachment 278254
Greetings from Goldsboro, NC. We occasionally get down to the coast during rides. We also like to kayak down there. We are about two hours from you. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2007 GL1800(P) 2006 Victory Vegas
58 Posts
Greetings from Goldsboro, NC. We occasionally get down to the coast during rides. We also like to kayak down there. We are about two hours from you. Welcome!
Sorry, hit the wrong button and cut myself off. The single best advise I got when learning these things was how to ride slow in the brake zone. There are videos on it on YouTube. Lots of practice doing slow turns with a mix of a little power and rear brake. The key is building confidence and doing it without taking your feet off the pegs. Now I make rather tight maneuvers without even thinking about it. You will get good enough at it to anticipate lights (and stop signs) and not put your feet down. Even though she's a big, heavy girl she'll reward a skilled rider. Practice, Practice, Practice!

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
New rider from Rocky Mount (not the city so don’t hold it against me)..
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome! New Castle, Pa rider here. All you need to do is the regular maintenance. Change the oil, air filter, tires and brake pads, as recommended. And replace the timing belt at 100k. Other than that, just enjoy the ride! You’ll find that long rides are like sitting on your lazy boy enjoying music and the view!
Lucky you, NO timing belt on the 1800!! Also, parking lot practice and watch "motorman Jerry Paladino" on you tube or get his videos! Then go out to nearest parking lot and enjoy!! Your HD buddies will be envious!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts