Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, new to the site, thanks for the add. I'm a newbie to the Goldwing, most recently road a Street Bob. And yeah....what a diff. I have about 200 miles solo and took the wife for a short run after dinner. Well it was interesting to say the least. I didn't adjust the load as i should have perhaps and as they say it's a beast at parking lot and below speeds. Other than practice practice any advice greatly accepted! So the intro says to say as much as you want about yourself so, I'm 65, a retired Trauma RN living on the coast of NC. I was able to snag a 2008 with 16,800 mi., garage kept, shiny as new. Not to knock Harleys, I love em, but for the price and no more upper rebuilds every 25,000 etc I feel I got a steal. Looking to meet members in my area!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.
:)

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and the Goldwing family. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Get out there and put some miles on that Wing..

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts

Congratulations for getting a great Wing.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting a Wing and you got the fastest color too.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Practice,practice and more practice they are a beast at slow speeds but unless you have the front wheel turned and hit the brake they are surprisingly controllable. What you are feeling right now is the magnitude of the size of the bike, as you ride the bike will seem smaller. And welcome to the Fastest color club, some may come along and tell you red isn't the Fastest but that is just cause their jealous.😁

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!
Practice,practice and more practice they are a beast at slow speeds but unless you have the front wheel turned and hit the brake they are surprisingly controllable. What you are feeling right now is the magnitude of the size of the bike, as you ride the bike will seem smaller. And welcome to the Fastest color club, some may come along and tell you red isn't the Fastest but that is just cause their jealous.😁
Thanks much for the welcome and the insight.....that stuff is priceless. I road about 800 mi (solo) this weekend and yep I'm gettin there. No where ready to risk the misses yet tho!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from New Bern!
Hey! Thanks for the welcome! Just up the road at OBX.

Thanks so much!
But for the price and no more upper rebuilds every 25,000 etc I feel I got a steal. Looking to meet members in my area!

Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.
Greeting Aussie friends! Thanks for the welcome.

Nice low mile Wing windjammer II.
Thanks!

Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.
Thank you !!

Welcome to the GWOF and the Goldwing family. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Get out there and put some miles on that Wing..
Thanks for welcome ! 800 mi this weekend...whew. But is was awesome!

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Yes welcome , and Barry... don't let the red go to your head if you're lacking the black

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yes welcome , and Barry... don't let the red go to your head if you're lacking the black
I don't let red go to my head and I do see black when I'm looking back.😉

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats I have a 2008 with 92000. No upper rebuilds just an alternator at 80000 and that's prolly due to the heated gear in the winter. I agree with Barry just don't cut the front wheel and hit the brakes. Ride safe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings, new to the site, thanks for the add. I'm a newbie to the Goldwing, most recently road a Street Bob. And yeah....what a diff. I have about 200 miles solo and took the wife for a short run after dinner. Well it was interesting to say the least. I didn't adjust the load as i should have perhaps and as they say it's a beast at parking lot and below speeds. Other than practice practice any advice greatly accepted! So the intro says to say as much as you want about yourself so, I'm 65, a retired Trauma RN living on the coast of NC. I was able to snag a 2008 with 16,800 mi., garage kept, shiny as new. Not to knock Harleys, I love em, but for the price and no more upper rebuilds every 25,000 etc I feel I got a steal. Looking to meet members in my area!
View attachment 278254
Welcome! New Castle, Pa rider here. All you need to do is the regular maintenance. Change the oil, air filter, tires and brake pads, as recommended. And replace the timing belt at 100k. Other than that, just enjoy the ride! You’ll find that long rides are like sitting on your lazy boy enjoying music and the view!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts