Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1979 GL1000 a few days ago. I am new to riding and thought a nice cruiser would be better to learn on then a rocket or somthing like that. I have only rode it 1.2 miles sofar. I am impressed with the balance of the bike and how relativly easy it is to ride. I'm a little worried about the power it will make when the bike is running as it should. As of now the carbs need synced and the intake tubes need new O-rings aswell as new points in the ignition. It Has a custom paint job on the bike that looks cool if it wasn't purple. i'll put up some pics tomorrow. I just wanted to say hello from michigan

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello high-tech, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome to the place High-tech. Cool choice for a first ride!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! I learned to ride a big bike on a 1981 Goldwing.

I strongly recommend that you take a MSF Rider Safety Course if you can. I learned a LOT of stuff that has probably saved my life many times over, and I am a cautious person anyway. You cannot go wrong, and the first thing they told me was that 90% of motorcyclists who get in a collision have NOT taken the course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a picture of my new (older then I am) Bike. Its a naked '79 GL1000. The oil stain under it is from changing the oil to find out the drainpan sprung a leak...lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
High-Tech you will be fine if you just TAKE IT EASY. MSF for sure not if you can. Welcome to the site & enjoy.

Cool Ride be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts