Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, I posted about losing all my gauges and tail light on my new to me 1500. As long as it was under warranty, I took it back and had them fix it. I asked them what it was, and he told me it was a relay, I left it at that. Yesterday on my way home from work, I looked down at my gauges, and my temp gauge was at 0, and my fuel gauge was dropping like a rock, until it got down to empty. Long story short, I am sure it is the same relay. (have not looked at it yet) My question is, it hs only been about 1 month since the first time this happened, what do you think the problem might be, to make it blow twice in the same month?

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Intermittent Short possibly. Really hard to find sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
Here, let me drop a dime for you (beats me "droppin' a dime on you!":eek:):
1-800-Trike-Lady! Oh, Valerie!

·
Registered
668 Posts
If your relay is truly burning up you may have too much load on the circuit.
Each item needs to be checked for its current draw to make sure it is not over loading the relay. If you had a short a fuse would blow if you have a bad connection in the circuit it could cause a voltage drop and high resistance which could damage parts also.

·
Administrator
29,082 Posts
B.D.

I would also not rule out just a simple loose connection. Trace them, take them apart, clean, & tighten. Power & ground side both.

Loose connections will do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts