Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction!~ the ride is like night and day compared to the standard cheap shocks thE p.o. Had on. I have 40lbs in them now is that an acceptable amount for one up ?? What do you recommend for 2 up packed???:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one care to comment?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Shocks! Your not riding the Honda Hard Tail anymore ? What's next ? The Air-Hawk cushion pad ? Now excuse me I have to get back to the personal picture lynn from china sent me before the wife gets up.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gee thanks for the sarcastic response i was inquiring about the air pressure! Maybe i would fit in better here if i could afford a newer version of a goldwing! Glad to see vendor lynn is woman! OR IS IT A HE!

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
don't take it so personal ray. not may have changed their shocks, even owners with older wings like ours. i blew the spring shock on my 1500 and got a used one for a replacement for now but the compressor stopped working on my 1200 so i replaced the front springs with progressive springs and the rear shocks with progressive hd standard shocks, no air. i am going to get a new progressive shock for the 1500 and get my ywo '79 750's back on the road before doing air shocks and the compressor on the 1200 wing but i can ride it now with the new standard shocks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ty for the response. Just wondering what most people use for air pressure one up and 2 up packed .

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ray, I used to run my 1500 at around 60 psi for two up and pulling the trailer, worked about right (I weighed 180 and the wife was 100) and we had about 45# in the trunk and bags. When I was alone and empty I kept it around 40.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks budoka that is what i needed some experienced response on the air pressure!!

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Any response, however impertinent to the stated question, can be a good thing as it moves your thread up the ladder and keeps it near the top of the heap.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
ray are you riding an interstate? i have an aspencade and the readout is in bars. the digital dash has bars for fuel, engine temp, and air pressure not a reading like you get with a pressure guage. two bars is not enough air pressure for a solo rider of my weight. i run 48 lbs in the rear of the 1500

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually i am riding a interstate with standard dash no digital reads. I had the air shocks installed with the air lines going into the trunk single post. This winter i plan on tearing the whole bike down to restore anything wrong. One is wiring harness and then hook up all electrical items properly, to the right switches the air ride is disconnected and the wiring is a mess due to the p.o. Just fudging it together after the bike sat with mice living in it for a while ! According to the directions on the air shocks it says to measure the distance from the center of the rear axle to a point vertically on the frame while the bike is up on center stand. Then load the bike up with passenger and gear off the center stand and the depression of the shocks should be no more than 1.5 inches and no less than 1 inch. By the way need some one to measure for ya ! Pretty complex operation if you ask me. So this is why i asked about the pressure to save some efforts!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts