Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years after riding a Wing for the first time I have finally made the switch from my 2007 Ultra Classic to a 2012 Level 2 GL1800 in
(of all things) Ultra Blue. I have been extremely busy with work and painting my house so I haven't been able to get out on it much (I took delivery 7/16) but I can tell you that every mile so far has me and the wife grinning from ear to ear. Can't wait to really take a day off and go for a nice long ride, already have the playlist in the Ipod ready to go.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Sweet ride, get done the work stuff & put some miles on.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Great bike...welcome aboard

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very nice. You know our riding time up here is short so get the chores done and ride. I too came from a E-Glide to my first Wing and won't look back. I love it. A basic 2010 black and I have almost 10,000 miles on it so far this season. Awesome bike.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow! thats a beutiful color, but then again I might be biased...picked up mine 7/2! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on a really great looking Wing.. Ride safe and enjoy the miles of smiles....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats from the ShoMe state. I too made the move from an HD Ultra to a GL1800 last August--no comparison at all, in so many ways. 10,000 miles later, would never go back.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum from down in Texas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the bike! I get my 2008 any day now & am looking forward to riding it. I have never ridden a GL1800 - bought it based on rave reviews & previous GL1500. I like that blue - it's very vivid. ENJOY & take it safe & easy!

Jimmyjohn - Torrance CA

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
One big ATTABOY your way! Niiice!

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Congrats from the BLUEgrass state! Welcome :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Nice looking Wing !! You will Love it !! Get out and Ride and worry about the work thing later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two years after riding a Wing for the first time I have finally made the switch from my 2007 Ultra Classic to a 2012 Level 2 GL1800 in
(of all things) Ultra Blue. I have been extremely busy with work and painting my house so I haven't been able to get out on it much (I took delivery 7/16) but I can tell you that every mile so far has me and the wife grinning from ear to ear. Can't wait to really take a day off and go for a nice long ride, already have the playlist in the Ipod ready to go.
dang . nice .
still lookin for mine . soon .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shweet! You do know that paint will keep for years if you keep the lid on tight... right? :)
Oh believe me I know! The thing is, the sooner I get the house done, the sooner I start on the garage. New walls, insulation, heater, sealed floor, new lighting. Gotta give my new toy the home it deserves. (at least that's what I keep telling myself;)
This way I will have the whole foliage season (our favorite) to get out and enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats from Down Under. You have made one fine choice in life. I to came from HD Softail and have never looked back. By the way you have picked a fine colour ( color as you blokes spell it). Blue is the ants pants :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts