Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Northern California.
Going out tomorrow to pick up our 2010 pearl yellow wing. Just sold an '07 Star Stratoliner S to make room for the wing next to my commuter Concours 14. The wife is very excited; she's been jonesing for a wing ever since we rented one in '08.
Next year we are planning on a journey to Victoria island and trek along BC highway 1. :D This will be our first real long distance riding experience (other than the weekend trip to Yosemite or Lake Tahoe). Looking forward to hanging out.

=Laserjock=

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Laserjock! Lucky you! Please post a photo after you get your Wing home.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
Well good for you two, be sure to post some pictures of the new ride & Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Are you planning a trip up the island hiway from Victoria to Port Hardy? It's a great ride. If you do, I'd highly recommend a side trip out to Tofino and Uclulet on the west coast. A bit touristy, but very nice. Long Beach is gorgeous especially if the weather co-operates. Whatever you do, enjoy that Wing!

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. My wife is responsible for talking me into getting the Wing. I'm sure glad she did. A great bike for those longer trips. Short ones too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the Wingdom!

I just bought mine 5 weeks ago. While I am from Silicon Valley, I now call Central Texas home.

I'm getting my shiny new wing setup for a trip out your way in November to visit family in Santa Clara and San Jose.

My wife and I went on a little 300 mile jaunt to the Texas Hill Country Saturday and she wanted to jump right back on the bike when we were done. I didn't even have to beg!

The wing is a wonderful machine, very well suited to its purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forums. Are you planning a trip up the island hiway from Victoria to Port Hardy? It's a great ride. If you do, I'd highly recommend a side trip out to Tofino and Uclulet on the west coast. A bit touristy, but very nice. Long Beach is gorgeous especially if the weather co-operates. Whatever you do, enjoy that Wing!
I'm not sure yet what the final trip will be yet. Fortunately for me it seems there are Canucks on this site! :D

I'm going to look up the areas you suggested and add them as waypoints. Thanks for the suggestions.

=LJ=

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the warm welcomes and suggestions. Here are a couple of photos of the new ride. I bought it from a fantastic lady in the north bay who decided to start flying lessons. It only has 3500 miles on it. Here are photos of it and its stable mate; a 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14. The Stratoliner got sold one week before I picked up the Wing. I'm not one to name my rides; it will be known as "the Wing" to differentiate it from "the Mini" and "the Connie".

The Wing and Connie

=LJ=

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the Wingdom!

I just bought mine 5 weeks ago. While I am from Silicon Valley, I now call Central Texas home.

I'm getting my shiny new wing setup for a trip out your way in November to visit family in Santa Clara and San Jose.

My wife and I went on a little 300 mile jaunt to the Texas Hill Country Saturday and she wanted to jump right back on the bike when we were done. I didn't even have to beg!

The wing is a wonderful machine, very well suited to its purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
Sorry to hear about your expatriation :( Hope you're enjoying your new home.
My wife is the same way; more so now we have the Wing.
We are planning on riding up to the Marin Headlands tomorrow morning and having a picnic at Rodeo Cove (by the Marin headlands marine mammal center). It's supposed to be nice along the coast.

=LJ=

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , nice color of the wing

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Welcome and nice bikes and if you need anything for that bike in yellow talk to GORDO he knows how to make it look so NICE.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Welcome from Georgia. My wife was responsible for our first bike in '96 and she's still ready to ride anywhere, anyday. By the way, Pacific 1 tops the list.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
LJ, welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy. Nice looking Wing...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.