Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 year old girl has been chomping at the bit for 3 years now.

Maiden voyage off our street. 40 mile back woods ride at 50 mph or under.

Her comments when we got back, "Thats fun Dad, when can you take me again. .. and why were you going so slow ?"

That kids something else !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, there Dad. I bet y'all had a blast!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like Dad had a GREAT time also.....

Enjoy the rides. Do it again,again, and again....
Enjoy your little girl, for my friend, they grow up so very quick. Wish I could back up time and take my girl riding again.
Brings tears to my eyes thinking of the times that we did have.

Nothing in the world more precious, than the smile of a child !!!

........ two guns

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Amen, Two Guns. Yep, it is scary, but some of my kids' (28 & 26) best memories are the three day weekends I'd take them on on my Suzi 850 when they were about 8 and 6, to the Outer Banks, Okracoke Island, the Blue Ridge Parkway into West Virginia and Virgina, the Shenandoah Valley, etc. when we lived in North Carolina. It was worth-it scary!
Tatanka

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Time spent with your childen is time well spent. They laught at the times we almost hit the Roo's or a bird or two. They talk to you at the stops about things that they may not talk about at other time. They do remember those times. Enjoy them. Eric

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Yes ....times with your kids are the best times.....spend as much time as you can with them and be sure to take lots of photos or videos of the time spent together....

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Good for the two of you. Remember always the precious cargo you are now carrying.

And if you think you were nervous just imagine what Mom was going through.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
sounds like you've just created your new riding partner

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Looks like she was well prepared with all the right gear. Looks like you have a new riding partner.. Ride safe and enjoy your times together.. They grow up too fast...

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
Looks like she was well prepared with all the right gear. Looks like you have a new riding partner.. Ride safe and enjoy your times together.. They grow up too fast...
i hear that they don't grow up fast enough :D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Nicely done sumncguy. When they were younger, I spent lots of times taking the nieces and nephews boating, off road riding (atv) and some of them flying. Then when they were big enough a few bike day-trips. Truly priceless, if a bit nerve testing. All in the preparation though.:D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
My Little Girl will be 43 this June :eek: And still like to go for a ride with Daddy:D Enjoy them while you can.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I can't keep my 8 year old away from my Wing now , took him one time when he was 7 and he had a blast

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I take my 12 old with me....Actually one of my drops was with him. (He thought it was funny....me not so much). He loves it!!! I actually picked my 16 year old up on the wing....He didn't much care for riding Pion. Said it was "Gay".:confused::rolleyes:

Thats why I know the 12 year has a small window to enjoy riding with me:(

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
I take my 12 old with me....Actually one of my drops was with him. (He thought it was funny....me not so much). He loves it!!! I actually picked my 16 year old up on the wing....He didn't much care for riding Pion. Said it was "Gay".:confused::rolleyes:

your 16yr old just isn't into bikes or he probally wants to ride himself not have you as the piolot

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
your 16yr old just isn't into bikes or he probally wants to ride himself not have you as the piolot
This is absolutely true.....HE is chomping to ride. Of course on a Crotch Rocket.

I plan on getting him into a safety course this summer.

I just know the statistics for major accidents are much higher on folks under 30.:eek:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks to a very bad situation when my son grew up, I didn't get to ride with him then. As soon as he got free of the X , he got a bike and we may not have had a chance to ride 2 up, but we made up for it when he got free of the X. Now it will only be a couple more years and I will have 2 grandkids to ride with. Both are chomping at the bit to get on. They already make me take them in the neighborhood, 25MPH or so. They are 7 and 9. My son has given up motorcycles for now, till the little ones are not little any more.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts

make him ride facing the other way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.