Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2008 Goldwing. I got an owner's manual which is for Brazil and some European countries and a how to ride booklet from Honda. Is this all I should have gotten? Should there have been some kind of card for warranty service. The dealer said I had a three year warranty--I have no proof of this. Is this normal? I am concerned as we plan to travel the US and Canada. Thanks Bill:)

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I have an 08 I bought from a previous owner. Included is the Owners manual : Navigation System : Riding Tips ( if you need to read this you need the Rider's Class ) : a generic " Motorcycle Warranties 2009 And Previous " stating the time and limitation coverage of various models : and an Owners Identification Card which states who the Dealer was....., who the buyer was...... , delivery date....., Factory Warranty Expiration Date......, VIN Frame No........, Model......, Engine No....... , all on a little business size card that you could slip into your wallet card holder. And that is all. P.S. My Owners manual says Printed in USA. And that's good because I don't speak Portugese.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Your Wing is registered with Honda. You can go to any dealer and have them check the VIN# and it will give them the date of purchase and the warranty information. No card to send in. Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Like two wheel king said, the warranty is on the bike and the VIN # is in the system, any Honda dealer can give you the expiration date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Thanks

Thanks, I feel better now. I seemed to remember a card, as mentioned, when I bought my 1500. I thought it was just another senior moment, glad to know it did exist. I'll trust the system, but will take my bill of sale from the Dealer when I travel. Thanks again. Bill:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2008 Goldwing with ABS. The previous owner downloaded all of the service manuals for the bike which is huge but he did not have the book for the navigation system or the other small owners manual that may explain the function and utilization of some of the buttons. Does anyone have know where I might copy either of those?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts