Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2009 Silver Goldwing this week. It has a little over 3,000 miles on it, and still smells new. Looking foreward to many miles of enjoyable riding on the Silver Bullet. I am 6'6" tall so will likely be looking into a new seat to get some more leg room. I like the idea of the ****-O-Pegs as well. I am in the San Antonio area and will be hitting the three sisters in the hill country this weekend. Look foreward to being part of this forum. You have already helped me while I was lurking.

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Wing. Post some pics for us.
There are numerous manufacturers of seats it just depends which one you'd like.
Some like Corbin or Ultimate or Saddleman.
We're here to help, ask us.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Ride that Silver Bullet & welcome to the GWOF. If you've been lurking then you already know what a great place you've found.

I always thought the ****'s looked good too. I'm not as tall as you so have no issue with Kury's.

As far as the seat goes you may want to check these guys out. They have a mod. for tall people that may interest you.

http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/GL1800 Seats Main Page/GL1800 Seats Main Page.htm

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello silver bullet, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
welcome Silver Bullet. Congrats and have fun both with the Wing and here.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Congrats on that new Wing from Pennsylvania and welcome to the forum. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone but there is a new member from Texas on the forum. Welcome aboard to GWOF from Down Under. Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. May you get many smiles on your bike.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Enjoy your new ride nd be safe.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Hello and welcome from a fellow Texan about 300 miles NE near Tyler. Lived in San Antonio back in the early seventies, moved away and moved back in the middle 80's. Eventually moved to Troup, near Rusk/Jacksonville/Tyler area. Got kiddos and grand kiddos in Austin as we burn up the pavement frequently via Hwy 79. The 3 Twisted Sisters are great as I did that this summer on the way back from Big Bend. Sounds like you've got a great ride.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF...My son is there at Fort Sam Houston. I guess I will be coming out that way in late April for graduation.

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
I just got my 2009 Silver Goldwing this week. It has a little over 3,000 miles on it, and still smells new. Looking forward to many miles of enjoyable riding on the Silver Bullet. I am 6'6" tall so will likely be looking into a new seat to get some more leg room. I like the idea of the ****-O-Pegs as well. I am in the San Antonio area and will be hitting the three sisters in the hill country this weekend. Look forward to being part of this forum. You have already helped me while I was lurking.
From Texas? That's strange. Hardly a member from Texas on this board.:rolleyes: By the time you read this you should have some pictures of the Twisted Sisters ride to share. Sorry to hear that you're 6'6''. It's a small world out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the nice welcome. Did about 350 miles today in the hill country, The twisted sisters and and ran 55 up and back to Rock Springs. I will definately need some seat modification and some hiway pegs. But other than that, had a great ride. I didn't push the wing hard, but it ate up the road and asked for more. So smooth, major improvement over my old ride. Sorry, but no pictures yet. I need to figure out how to post them. I am used to functioning on the fringes of an off the rack world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts