Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just bought a 1986 GL1200 aspencade for 480$ and all my buds say i got ripped. She is in real good shape no missing broken peices. It wasnt running when i bought it Sat the 19th but Sun I fixed it by sanding the fuel pump contacts. She runs like a dream now. She has 40,000 miles on her. So did i get ripped or did the previous owner get shafted. Pics when i get my camera back.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
At that price it sounds like you got a good deal, even if you have to put a stator in it later. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your new Wing. If your happy, then it's a good deal. Enjoy and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF crovus, it seems to me that the po gave it away and your friends are envious

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Crovus,

$480. $480. $480. you say. Remind your friends that money like that doesn't even pay for a nice weekend in a Major city for a couple.
That type of money doesn't even pay for Car insurance for a year for most people & you have a bike to enjoy riding. As Joe & Ronzilla stated you may have things to deal with but so what it was only $480.

Ride Safe & Enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tires are brand new they still have nipples all over them.
only thing ive found that does not work is the air compressor

·
Registered
469 Posts
$480.

Sweet!....Make sure there are no liens on the title.....:D Enjoy!...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok at the risk of ticking people off, heres my list of known problems now. And a list of things i want to do to the wing.
Problem 1 air compressor not working
2 small peice broken at bottom of headlight "Wife noticed it nit picking the bike"
3 paint kinda faded
4 small tears in seat and back rest
5 turn signals not working

Fixes 1 replace air compressor?
2 ignore little bitty break and replace wife with newer model minus the nit picking mode
3 paint bike Cobalt blue with sun yellow accents
4 buddy gonne redo the seat and all leather with tan leather
5 bulbs need replaced?
One question tho at the bottom of the front faring under the radiator theres a small peice that is in the trunk
does this peice snap in or is there some way of bolting it in?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Crovus 1st of all we discuss no one ever gets ticked off;)

Let's see

1 I would say you're probably right however, check fuses & make sure you have power going to it. If not "ebay"

2 I would either ignore it or ebay again, Be careful on the wife replacement especially with that newer Model. I believe "nit picking" was standard equipment on all Models. I personally never saw one without the feature. If you do find one please let us all know where we can get one too.:D

3 New paint is always good but maybe you just want to have it buffed out. My brother just recently bought a used 1500 that was pretty faded & had a friend of his buff & wax it. What a difference.

4 NICE!!!

5 Just routine stuff (possible fuses again)

Not sure about that piece because I'm not familiar with 1200s however i can tell you on 1500s most trim pieces just snap on.

I for one still say you got the deal of the year so have fun fixing her up & post some Pics when you get some done to her.

And real good luck with #2 however I'm not betting on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I'm new to the group (my first post). I have a similar problem to Scottie from a day or so ago. I just bought a lovely '99SE. But I'm a diminutive 5'6" at best. I saw that there are seat modifications and maybe a kit to lower the frame an inch or so. Does anyone know who to contact about the lower kits or have any experience with either the kit or seat mod?
doctom

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
doctom,

Lot's of discussion about this in forum. Some guys are wearing a boot called Tallmen that gives up to 4" lift. I don't know much about lowering kits. I do have a Hartco seat that actually lowered me 1" & works great. The seat guys usually want to have a pic of you/passenger on bike in normal riding position as well as height/weight of each. Here are some sites to check out & Welcome to the forum.

http://www.hartcoseats.com/
http://saddlemen.com/news/
http://www.day-long.com/

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts