Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Goldwing on Saturday. So far I put about 200 miles on it and it's awesome. I have a few of quesitons:
1. My dealer told me that the first oil change is at 4000 miles. On my previos bikes the first service at either 600 or 1000 miles included an oil change. Should I wait till 4000 miles for the first oil change??
2. I plan to use synthetic oil. Any reason why I shoul not start synthetic at the first oil change. My dealer told me that the bike comes with synthetic oil.
3. My first "minor" complaint is that the bike does not have an auxiliary plug to charge my IPod. I've seen cigarette lighter style auxiliary outlets on-line. Has anyone installed one? Where did you install it? Does it look good?

Please help this novice, thanks.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The first scheduled oil change is at 4,000 miles, most of us change it around 500 miles just because, and change your final drive fluid also. You can use synthetic oil at first change.
There is a power connector under the left fairing pocket. there is a white plug that connect to the AUX plug that came with the bike, and a red plug for power, if the bike is an 08 or 09 the front right of the pocket should be marked where to drill for the power outlet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts