Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery on a 2018 Goldwing base model and I'm immediately going to show my lack of mechanical intelligence.

First off, how do you remove the seat ? I looked through the manual and it doesn't say anything about removing the seat. Which leads me to my second question. Since this is a base model, how do you get to the manual preload adjuster ? I thought it might be under the seat ? The manual has a tiny tiny picture that I can't make heads or tails out of.

And lastly (For today. I know I'll have tons more questions soon), say you have the screen on the map and you are listening to music on the radio. How do you shut the radio off ? I know how to turn it down, but how do you turn it off?

Thanks,

Royal

·
Super Moderator
28,037 Posts
We have a good group of 18/19 riders here at the GWOF so I'm sure someone will chime in.

Welcome along and have a great time on the new ride

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your seat is removed by two Allen bolts, one on each side 5mm? The two saddlebag doors must be opened and then the trim pieces pull straight away from the bike. Once the trim is off you can get to the seat bolts. I believe that you can manipulate the preload adjuster once the trim pieces are off, but I have a tour so that may be inaccurate! Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And to answer your question about the radio. If I understand you correctly, you want to shut off or not hear any radio function with the exception of the navigation while using the navigation system. Short answer, you cannot turn off the radio at all. Additionally you cannot mute the system either, as this will affect the navigation audio as well. However, you can adjust separately the navigation and radio volumes.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
And to answer your question about the radio. If I understand you correctly, you want to shut off or not hear any radio function with the exception of the navigation while using the navigation system. Short answer, you cannot turn off the radio at all. Additionally you cannot mute the system either, as this will affect the navigation audio as well. However, you can adjust separately the navigation and radio volumes.
Vegas is correct, you turn off the radio, you turn off everything sound wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts