Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Goldwing Owner. 81 1100i... Can I get some recommendations in regards to the accessories? Must haves... Favorites... Etc?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
one word.....CHROME !!!!.....LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
make youself comfortable when riding so start with a drivers backrest and highway bords / pegs. a throttle lock or a throttle rocker or both

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Yes, comfort goodies. Highway pegs/boards and possibly rider/passenger boards if the bike doesn't already have them; a rider backrest and for sure a sheepskin or gel pad for the seat(s). The 1100 is in it's 30's now, so some accessories may be a tad difficult to source, but e-bay and goldwingparts.com etc are good spots to start.

·
Super Moderator
28,525 Posts
J

I always go for comfort & performance as add ons. Mostly what the guys have already said.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Get what makes you happy and comfortable.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Do not forget the .50 caliber front fender mounted machine gun for clearing those pesky traffic jams.

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
don't forget the gold plated deer whistle. Seriously though, when I bought my fist Wing, an 85 LTD it had Markland highway boards and I loved them for straight line highway cruising. Going to add highway pegs to my 1500. Also depending on where you live, temps and season, I use an Alaska Sheepskin for winter riding and a beaded cover in the summer to keep my butt from burning up. It's amazing how much ventilation they provide.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am still adding to my bike, with the highway pegs being first and then moving to areas that have to do with safety/visibility. I added a rear wing with modulating brake light, mirrors with the turn signals built in (muth signal), and driving lights. The cup holder I see as very important for riding in the heat - dehydration can get you before you know it, but of course a CamelBak would beat that.

Bottom line, there is always something to add.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.