Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, I am new to the forum, and new to the Goldwings. I just picked up my first "cadilac" of motorcycles today here in Pa. I bought my wing Aspencade for $500 in running, but not driveable condition. It would start but no power at all. I started the tear down tonight, the bike has only 68,000 miles on it, I heard that is low for one of these bikes. I have owned, and own numerous bikes in the past, but never one that has so much removal of stuff before getting to the "what makes it tick" of the beast. Im gonna put a post in the engine section of what I found and what the remedy I think will be. Greetings again guys.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congrats on the Classic Goldwing not a bad price either.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Congratulation on your new to you wing. And welcome to the forum from Down Under. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello amanda, welcome to GWOF. is his a 1200 wing that you just got? oh and a wing is so much more than a caddy

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome to the group. I'm sure there will be lots of help offered.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your Wing purchase. What part of Pa are you from? Good luck on your repairs and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
Hello amanda11270, Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. Ask any questions, we are always glad to help! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome!!!
Has it been sitting for awhile??? If so, before you lay the engine in the floor try some carb cleaner. Worst case the carbs probably need a little, TLC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the group.
I just pick up a wing myself.
Here in Central PA.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Looks like the number of Pa. members is gaining on them Texas Fellers.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts