Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 1995 GL1500 Interstate and am technically chalenged by the radio.
The radio appears to have 6 pre-select channels. Can anybody tell me how to change the pre-selects? I do not have a manual :confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is from the owner's manual for a 1989. Don't know if they are the same or not.
Preset Stations
You can preset six AM stations and six FM stations. AM and FM stations are preset as follows:
1. Find the station you wish by the search lever (page 53).
2. Push the M button and the memory indicator "CH" will blink in the display.
3. Push the CH (channel) button and select a channel you wish, then push the M button again while the memory indicator "CH" is blinking. The indicator will stop blinking and the preset channel will be visible in the display. The memory indicator will go off 7 seconds after the M button was pushed, if the M button was not pushed again.
4. The memory is erased automatically if you tune and preset a new AM or FM station.
Manual can be found here.

Hoss

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback and link, Hoss. The manual referes to the radio/casette chich came out with the A and SE models. The interstate had a different radio.
I managed to get hold of Honda Customer Service and they looked up the solution for me : Just hold down the selector button for a few seconds after tuning to the desired station! Haven't tried it yet. They are also sending me a copy of the Interstate manual, which should help me with similar dumb questions :)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
They are also sending me a copy of the Interstate manual, which should help me with similar dumb questions :)
MJ, there are no dumb questions. If they were, none of us would post. We've all been in the same boat when it comes to needing help. Don't be afraid to ask, someone will be willing to help.

Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and ride safe..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts