Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been riding my 1983 - 1100 (57,000 miles) for about a month and love the size (had a cx 500), ride and my 13 year old daughter does not think it is as lame as she was originally anticipating. A few things, I have been averaging 36 mpg's, I do alot of intown driving and run the local roads at 62 mph, does this appear right? Secondly, I am 6 feet tall and the top of the windshield is right in my site line, I know I can cut 2 inches off (guys should not talk like that) I would rather get a taller shield, do they make one??

Thanks for your time
Chris

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Blackjack I have a taller windshild on my ride. I put it on when we went on a trip and left it on because I liked it. The only bad thing about it is if it's foggy or alot of dew in the morning. If you decide to purchase one get one with a vent for fresh air. Try Wing Stuff.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Lots of guys opt for a taller shield blackjack909, trickiest part will be finding one for your '83. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I rode a 1982 1100 Interstate for 14 years. 36 mpg is about what I used to get. I installed a Tulsa Extra Tall windshield and I loved it. No problem with distortion looking through it and was still crystal clear after 10 years when I sold the bike. Amazingly my fuel mileage actually went up 2 mpgs after it was installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts