Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short note, just purchased my first bike in 20 years. A 1985 1200GL. Was considering something newer and loaded, but having been away from riding for so long, just wanted to get back and see if I would be making good use of the bike. If it does and the wife enjoys it, then newer bike will be the order of the day.

I also couldn't come to terms with dropping something new, you know those DUH moments when you forget to put your feet down at a stop sign or don't put it on the stand right? Just didn't want to ding up a REALLY nice ride. I'll post pictures soon, near complete service records on the bike with the PO moving up to newer ride.

First priority, intercom, tunes and then MAYBE a radio. Also want to build a small open cargo trailer made of aluminum to haul my hockey gear to the rink !

Baja breeze

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new" wing!

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing from Pennsylvania. There are a number of folks on the board from Canada. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hey bajabreexe, how's life out on the Island? Where are ya based? Know the place pretty well for a landlocked Albertan. Hardy, Comox, Duncan and Victoria/Sydney, all beautiful spots. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome back to the 2 wheels bajabreeze, and welcome to the forum. I've started off on older bikes myself. I enjoyed each and one of them and them moved up to my 2000 gl1500 which I do not planning on moving any newer for a while.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from Illinois enjoy your wing.;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

THank you everyone for the warm greetings me and Mrs Breeze are headed out for an evening ride around town, we live in Comox.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome to the site !! I have the 85 1200 Interstate!! Awesome ride!! I was a Harley rider for years but now I would not ride a Harley if you paid me!!!!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts