Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...well Saturday we jumped ship from our 2011 Spyder Rt-Limited and went for a new 2010 GoldWing 1800 with a Motor Trike kit on ordered for it. Color selection was slim on the 2010's. We thought we going to get a titanium one, but at the last minute we were told it was sold to someone else....so we ended up getting a yellow one, hinch my
yellow-jacket user name. The bike is a level 2, we were wanting the level 1. But overall excited, and waiting...should be about 5 weeks before we have it.

So hello to everyone...and now I have lots of new reading and things to learn. We live in the Moorseville area of NC. We have been riding for about 1.5 years....not long, not a lot of experience. We only managed to log about 5500 miles on the Spyder. Looking forward to many miles the Honda....

Thanks for having me and look forward to learning about these bikes.
Duane

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new 2b wing trike. If you update your info and location we will know where you call home. Ride safe and enjoy the GWOF..

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
hello duane, welcome to GWOF. congrats on the purchase of your new wing trike

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Welcome. Nothing wrong with a third wheel around these parts:D

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new trike, ride safe and enjoy.
Post some pics for us when the trike arrives.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the yellow trikes really look great on the road. I talked to the dealer last week about converting mine, just need to find the extra cash.

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Man Duane you jumped right in here & made yourself at home. Became a Lifetime Member right away & Welcome to the GWOF. You may have been lurking for awhile but if not I can tell you we have a great site, good people & many work hard to keep it that way.

I would be very interested in hearing your feedback in the difference from the Spyder to the Wing. Please let us know & also as others have said post some pics of the new ride soon.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Congrats on the new trike. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I had not been lurking around. But I will admit that I had been wanting a GW for about a year. We had been riding the Spyder RT-Limited for a bout 1 1/2 years. HAd a 2010 one and then upgraded to the 2011...but still wanted the GW so we made the jump. I'm hoping that all the little things that pushed me this way will be right. I will post pictures and provide my feedback once we get it. So far the hardest part is the waiting.....it's only been about a week plus, but it seems like forever. They are saying we should have it around 3rd week of Nov. Is it the 3rd week yet?

Again thanks for making the new kid feel welcome. I'm hoping to meet some fellow riders around the Mooresville area and maybe do some rides. I did meet one couple from Statesville already, the day we went to order our bike...they were picking up their GW trike..in yellow!

Thanks....Duane

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Welcome to the forum Duane.....bunch of great people on here. You will get to know the regulars soon. I have a friend of mine in Arkansas that took his 1500 in for some new brake pads and instead came home with a 1800 yellow trike. I told him that was some brake pad upgrade. The yellow kind of grows on ya......and I know some cheese heads that like it when it has the right stickers on it....LOL.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why did we leave the Spyder.....Well....
I just wasn't all that pleased with the handling. It did handle better with just me on it, but we usually ride 2 up. The front end has some roll
over in it...but I don't ride hard, and I knew how to handle it. The lack of options or accessories for it. It was nice for sure...it just wasn't what we really wanted. It was an expensive lesson learned.

So far, with only 2 rides, the GoldWing seems very very nice. It has handled beyond my expectations so far. Need a little more time on it and then I should know more.

I was one of the luckier folks with the 2 Spyders we had....we never had any codes or any issues in the 5500 miles we rode. From what I have heard some folks say about the issues they have , I felt very lucky. But I think some of that, if not all of it, goes to a great dealer in Winston Salem...many thanks to them!

Duane

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts Ride safe . Trikes are cool..Congrats

1 - 14 of 14 Posts