Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bill Reber here , now know as William Reber.
I could not get back on the site no matter how many times I reset pass words so I just became a lifer knowed as William Reber. At any rate I have not been on the site for some time due to spending most of the year in the hospital for a botched cancer surgery. When the doctor told my wife I would never be able to ride a heavy two wheeler again, she sent my 2010 wing to Sumter Honda and triked it out with a sharp Champion kit. I can't go far on it yet as more surger must go down in 2013 to reconstruct my insides. But true love is a wife who will not settle for NO Riding ! Anyway for better or worst I am back.
William

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome back , hope your health gets better

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
W/B William....I hope all goes well with your future surgeries!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Hello and welcome back to the forum.
Congrats on the trike surprise.
The trike is the best medicine, no bad side effects.
Hope you get better and will pray for you.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Welcome back William. You have a great soul mate there. Ride safe and quick recovery...

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello bill, welcome back to GWOF. i hope all goes well with the surgery and your back on three wheels soon

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Welcome back, Bill. Hope to meet you on the road in the future.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Welcome back. Remember, any riding is still riding.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
We're all pullin' for you. But, it sounds like she's the kind of wife that will move you forward. Backsliding not allowed. Stay in touch. We want to know when your ready for a ride.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome back Bill,and congrats on the trike kit. Will keep you in prayer.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're all pullin' for you. But, it sounds like she's the kind of wife that will move you forward. Backsliding not allowed. Stay in touch. We want to know when your ready for a ride.
Well I pushed my luck this weekend and rode about 200 miles got stuck in one heck of a thunder storm and stayed sore all day Sunday. It was normal for me to ride 300 to 500 miles on a Saturday before I got sick , in time I'll do it again but not yet.
Bill

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
All in due time Bill, there's lots of miles out there just waiting for you. Welcome back and get well!

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Holy Cow.....Bill Reber. I remember when you were diagnosed and you were selling. Great to know your still fighting. Your wife is a real deal to go ahead and trike it out. Keep up the fight and get better every day.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all !

Thank you guys and gals for the warm welcome back. Yes my better half (Patricia) is a real trooper as one get older we find out how true our love is and she shows me each day that she took me for better or worst in sickness and health ! What more can a guy ask for ??
Bill

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Congrats Bill on your recovery and modified Wing. How do you like the Trike conversion? It looks lke a viable alternative for many as we age and deal with physical issues. I'm 62 and still feel comfortable with riding on two wheels but the day may come when I trike mine too. I suspect the trike market is one that will grow and may be the fastest growing market for aftermarket mods to motorcycles. We have Motortrike right here in Troup, Tx. where I live and their manufacturing plant has really expanded over the years. It's a fairly pricey mod at 12-15k on a bike but if it keeps you in the saddle and if you can afford it, why not. I bought my Wing from a gent in his seventies who was begining to have balance issues. He had considered a trike but felt that there may be more than balance issues going on due to aging and decided his riding days were over. I hope to ride into my seventies like Ron from Washington state whom I rode with recently in the Cascades. It's inspiring to hear stories like yours Bill about the human will to overcome adversity and prevail in the direction of our goals and dreams. You're a blessed man to have Patricia as a life mate that supports you in your health and in your dreams of riding. I've got a keeper like that too and her name is Debra. Our prayers are with you both.

Dan and Debra

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do I like the trike ? In the begining not very well ,I found it required a lot of upper body strength when in a turn and the rock side to side due to having two wheels in the back was unsettling. But the more I rode and learned about trike riding the better I became with it and the more I liked it. I found that IF you have the body strength one could keep up even with a fast two wheeler in the turns. So in short the more I ride the better I like it and it is not as easy as it looks.
Bill

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Welcome back Bill.
You wouldn't be the Bill Reber that lived in Lynden, Washington at one time ???

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome back Bill.
You wouldn't be the Bill Reber that lived in Lynden, Washington at one time ???
No , I do have a son who lived there his name is Eric Reber , as for me I have never been there. Most of my side of the Rebers came form Germany just before ww1 and made a home in Lykins PA. then moved to Hanover PA and were farmers of corn and some beef and hogs. My Dad was a col. in the airforce and we moved every two years or so , thus is hard for me to call any place home except were my butt is , so I call SC home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts