Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my new family, this is "Dakota", from the cold oil field of the NW North Dakota!

I have been a VFR750 owner, and recently been a ST1300 for the last 3 years. Even though I tried to make my pillion comfortable and make the ride more tour bike, I had to accept the fact that I had to accept the inevitable..

So, I have bought a 2012 "Candy Red" Goldwing at a great yearend close out deal, after trying out a BMW 2009 K12OOLT. I love the ride, regardless of 5 speed vs 6, etc and had to admit the advantage of multiple service centers, etc. The GW got smaller the longer I rode it. It flicked left and right as well as my ST1300, & has a great "lower" center of gravity. I loved the stereo on the NAV/XM package, etc.

I have been blessed by information gathered from the STOwners.com website when an ST owner, and look forward to learning and hopefully being a provider on this forum. I 59, going on 60. Look and act like 45, and love life.

Happy New Year and Best of Health!

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Hello my new family, this is "Dakota", from the cold oil field of the NW North Dakota!

I have been a VFR750 owner, and recently been a ST1300 for the last 3 years. Even though I tried to make my pillion comfortable and make the ride more tour bike, I had to accept the fact that I had to accept the inevitable..

So, I have bought a 2012 "Candy Red" Goldwing at a great yearend close out deal, after trying out a BMW 2009 K12OOLT. I love the ride, regardless of 5 speed vs 6, etc and had to admit the advantage of multiple service centers, etc. The GW got smaller the longer I rode it. It flicked left and right as well as my ST1300, & has a great "lower" center of gravity. I loved the stereo on the NAV/XM package, etc.

I have been blessed by information gathered from the STOwners.com website when an ST owner, and look forward to learning and hopefully being a provider on this forum. I 59, going on 60. Look and act like 45, and love life.

Happy New Year and Best of Health!
Welcome Dakota....love the STs....spent a little time on the STOwners site. Even participated in a BRG with the legendary Uncle Phil. Glad to have you and Happy New Years

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a 2012 Goldwing.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Hi dakota!

Welcome to the GWOF! Glad to have you here.

I imagine the Bakken Formation is responsible for a lot of Wings and other toys in our region. The "badlands" between Dickenson and Williston should make for interesting riding, along with Theodore Roosevelt Nat. Park around Medora.

Have fun, man!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
G'day my old mate (anyone older than me is old) and welcome to GWOF. I don't care what you ride if you don't care what I ride.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Thanks for your reply Tatanka. You would think with the oil money made that would be the case with more Goldwing owners, however sales are more in 4 wheelers, or Harley's. Funny how people are lead based on what their friends ride? . Im sure they handle well for cruising, but i don't identify with Harleys, Leather vest, etc Ha!

PS) Can I assume you ident is from "Dancing with Wolves" movie?
Well, it comes from the Lakotah ("Sioux") language, which the movie did accurately capture. Means bull bison.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dakota.
I'm an Old Wing rider from way back. I'm on my third Wing right now.
I do Still have my ST-1100 sitting in the garage next to my Wing.
Really like both of them, the wife likes riding the Wing (Baby) best she was just never comfortable on the ST.
So I just ride them both, depending on the mood I'm in as to which I ride.
I will sell the ST sooner or later, I've got a couple of people interested in it, they just have to come up with the money.
I'm still on the ST Owners forum, and the Nighthawk Forum as well, I will probably get another Nighthawk when I sell the ST.
I'm 63, & will be 64 at the end of next month.
Enjoy your Wing.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. Enjoy the site Dakota & the ride.

·
Administrator
15,295 Posts
Another welcome to the party from Mississippi. Red is the best color!

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello dakota, welcome to GWOF. congrats on the purchase of yournew wing, post some pic's when you get a chance

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome dakota! Going to move this into the "new members" section just to keep things tidy. As a former ST owner myself I can agree on the passenger shortcomings of an otherwise fantastic bike. I thought I'd miss the handling of the ST, but I was way wrong on that one!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Now you have to wait for the warmer weather to ride. You are going to love the Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum....

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.