Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new after market mufflers today and BOY they are perfect. Just enough rumble to sound good but not so much as to disturb your ride and music. The right was shot and sounded like a rattle when the bike was running. Now the bike runs better too. The bike only has 33800 miles but its a 1990 so I guess the mufflers were due. The new ones are straight to the end and look great in the back aiming down like the originals. I'm all smiles, now for some warm weather to get a real ride on her.:D:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
pic's, pic's we need pic's and what brand are they? info info :) :)

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Yup, like Doc said. Need input, need input....:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tonight, it was getting dark by the time I got home from my ride. Love my Wing :D

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
OK boys, don't pick on him too much. After all, he's in love.

:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pick as much as you want guys I can take it since I talk on Talkbass.com you have no idea how much you get blatantly flamed there. I have to wait until tomorrow for the manufacture but until then here are some glamor tails shots.

And me waiting for our real riding gear. Doug

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
look great. I would be interested.
what are they?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get the name of the manufacture tomorrow when the MC shop opens and post then. I do have to say they sound fantastic with just the right noise level to give you cold chills but not so loud as to ruin your ride.:D:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay gang as promised they are MAC mufflers. I highly recommend them they sound just right and the price it great. Can't wait until morning I'm gone for the day. 315.00 V 1250.00 for factory. Not to mention they just look plain cool being straight to the ends! :D

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
nohandles,

they really look good and interested in buying some. Any chance you can find a part number or model number on the pipes or receipt? Not sure 'Mac' is enough to hunt them down here. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nohandles,

they really look good and interested in buying some. Any chance you can find a part number or model number on the pipes or receipt? Not sure 'Mac' is enough to hunt them down here. thanks in advance.
Its still a bit chilly here yet so I haven't left for my ride. I'll stop at the MC shop and get all the info for you. The shop is On the Edge Honda and the sales man is Scott. If you call them tell them Doug Kemp sent you. Their number is 440-985-2378

Just got back form a nice 6 hour ride. Love that Wing. But before I went to far I hit the shop for the part number of the mufflers #5500-041 turn down GL1500 So don't tell me if you get them for a better price than I. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts