Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a group of Boston University students developing a new motorcycle safety product. We would greatly appreciate your input regarding the product. The survey below will take approximately 2-5 minutes:

http://bumanagement.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6J4ufHXSWObStsU&SVID=Prod

Thank you for your help!

Our product is an additional brake-light and turn signal system that will increase the visibility of riders to other vehicles. The lighting system consists of two separate components: 1. the helmet component and 2. the wireless transmitter. The helmet component consists of a brake-light and turn signals and can be mounted on the rear of any motorcycle helmet. The wireless transmitter is easily integrated into the motorcycle’s existing wiring and will intercept the signal when the rider brakes or signals to turn and relay that signal to the helmet component. This allows the system to synchronously light-up with the motorcycle's existing brake and turn directional system.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Product could very easily become required on Air Force Bases, ETC.along with the current reflective vest.
However it would benefit cruisers and sportsbikes the most as both usually only have one rear light.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Kudos to you folks for at least the intent & idea. Agree with marc to some extent. I know when I ride my Wing the wife is on board I think every time I hit the brakes she would have to put her sunglasses on. Just a thought, you may want to incorporate some type of shutoff switch when a rider has someone on pillion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your feedback.

marcsvette--can you tell me a little bit more about motorcycles and their role on Air Force Bases?

fossil92--I will mention the shut-off switch to the rest of my team. However, we had planned to make the product removable so that it could easily be taken off when a rider has someone on pillion or place it on the back of the rear rider's helmet. Does it being removable address your concerns or would you still prefer an on/off switch?

Again, thank you both for your valuable feedback!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Some Velcro on each helmet would solve that issue. Sounds like a really great idea.Appreciate you future engineers for thinking of it. I would definately purchase if cost not too high. Here in Fl. we need all the visibility we can get,have a lot of senior cagers out there.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Does it being removable address your concerns or would you still prefer an on/off switch?
Having it removable would work, It would just be another thing to deal with having to take it off. Putting a switch on would add to the cost so I guess it would be a tradeoff. I did take the time to do your survey, even think I came up with a pretty cool alternative name. Thanks for posting & keep us apprised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Safety Product

The helmet signal is a nice idea. I bet you would sell a lot more if you could mount it on the trunk of the goldwing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great idea. I took the survey and hope this helps. Good thing to keep all you students busy and off the highways :):) Fewer people for us old men to avoid.

If it attached with velcro, there would be no reason it could not also attach to the rear of the bike or trunk, for those who ride without a helmet parttime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts