Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading the forum for a few weeks, and enjoy it, decided to join in. As a boomer, it does me good to be called a "junior" member! Been riding since a kid, first new bike was a Honda CB200 in the 70's, really enjoyed it. Then came job and family responsibilites, no bike, no riding for 30 years, until 5 years ago, bought a used 125 Honda, then a used 750 Honda, and wound up with a new HD softail Delux in '06. Rode it from coast to coast, & Gulf to Superior, but it spent lots of time in HD shops. In an Oregon shop for a week. Traded it for a new '09 Ultra, nice, but very noisy 5th gear, it became a real irritation on 2 lane roads, my riding preference. Two months ago traded it for an '08 GW1800 w/4700 miles, and all the goodies incl CB, nav, etc etc. Have put another 5000 miles on it, and believe I have gotten to where I want to be. Enjoy wing and the forum, thax for reading.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Welcome ShowMe from the Keystone.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello X and welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome X Harley man from the land of Lincoln.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Sounds like you are really enjoying your new ride. Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from frost bitten Alberta. Record low at the Edmonton Intl airport last night, makes Donald's photo above look waaaay too inviting.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have been reading the forum for a few weeks, and enjoy it, decided to join in. As a boomer, it does me good to be called a "junior" member! Been riding since a kid, first new bike was a Honda CB200 in the 70's, really enjoyed it. Then came job and family responsibilites, no bike, no riding for 30 years, until 5 years ago, bought a used 125 Honda, then a used 750 Honda, and wound up with a new HD softail Delux in '06. Rode it from coast to coast, & Gulf to Superior, but it spent lots of time in HD shops. In an Oregon shop for a week. Traded it for a new '09 Ultra, nice, but very noisy 5th gear, it became a real irritation on 2 lane roads, my riding preference. Two months ago traded it for an '08 GW1800 w/4700 miles, and all the goodies incl CB, nav, etc etc. Have put another 5000 miles on it, and believe I have gotten to where I want to be. Enjoy wing and the forum, thax for reading.
Another Tar Heel says howdy and welcome aboard. :)

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Welcome from Down Under. Enjoy your rides and post some photos. Love to see what you are seeing. You may like to see the Snowy Mountain for something different. Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts