Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back last night. I took the Mrs. for a two week ride from New Mexico to the east coast NJ, NY, Maine and up to Nova Scotia Cabot's trail total miles a little over 7,000 miles.
I had put off the Dead Horse Alaska ride so I could go visit my Grand children (4) two of which were recently born. I felt it was more important so I rearranged my ride.
I have attached some photos and I will be posting a little about the Dunlap 4s on the tire section.
I have to say my Mrs. was a great on the ride. Being in physical therapy she took care of some old aches and pains. She never whined or complained once on the ride even in the high temps or high winds and heavy rains. I am a very fortunate man to have such a great wife.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Looks like another great trip. And with your favorite co-rider. Outstanding.

Let me know in advance next time you're in the DFW area.

Reactions: IBALEE

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Very nice trip, heading that way in August ourselves.

Thanks for the prelude.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Well done Lee.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Very nice and a place very high on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing. I'll look for that tire review too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cabot trail is on my list as well. I got married in PEI , seen the Cabot trail and since then i would love to ride back on a GW.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cabbott trail is on my list as well. I got married in PEI , seen the Cabbott trail and since then i would love to ride back on a GW.
This was our second trip there but this time the roads were in very poor condition. They also had on going construction. I do love the area and the scenery was great.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I have always said that when the memory of the road conditions leaves my mind, I will go back to Nova Scotia (but I still remember ). The only good road we came across was the Cabot Trail and it was also one of the steepest roads I have ever been on with the 17 degree incline, but it was a fun ride; just watch out for the pot holes. They're everywhere. Sorry to here the roads haven't improved.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Thanks for the ride report. We are discussing a trip to the Northeast area where both of our children were born and we have not been for nearly 40 years.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Most of Canada has two seasons: winter and construction season. Glad you had a good trip Lee.

Reactions: Z-Mac
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.