Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I took Mrs IBALEE to the New Mexico Balloon festival. This was the second year in a row. It was absolutely great and I highly recommend it. This year the weather was warmer...less wind and alot more balloons went up. I am posting just a couple of photos....

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Cool stuff Lee.

jaNICE just booked a flight for us over Red Rocks park when we come out in Dec. Should be nice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice pics. There is one of these gatherings in Portland Oregon. We used to go when we first moved there. We liked them so much we went on one for our first anniversary, it was way cool.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you and or the Mrs. been for a balloon ride ?
Chop not yet may be next year. For decades I have repelled down couple hundred foot cliffs, climbed up trees and taken down limbs, also worked on three story roofs...but no one ever knew I hate heights...:D When I finally fessed up no one believed me..lol I am hoping to do a nice balloon ride next years with photos..

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Lee, I believe you. I've got the same problem. Between repelling off a five story building and operating the basket on a snorkel truck, firefighting school was hell. Luckily I never had to do either in a real situation.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I really like the balloons....We have a small balloon festival here local. I think I may check it out. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I saw this on TV and would love to see it in person. They have a small one here but I have always been somewhere when they put it on.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
You all can come and parachute with me, that will fix your fear. Had a guy that used to do it and hated heights.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You all can come and parachute with me, that will fix your fear. Had a guy that used to do it and hated heights.
lol....I was going to post the rest of the story but left it out. When I was in the service In my private time I set up and went to classes to sky dive. The day before my jump two sky divers tangled up and hit the tarmac...so being made aware of that I decided I could live with out taking the dive....:D so to speak......

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
If that doesn't fit the bill, you could always sign up to come ride some Bulls with me. Won't cure your fear of heights but I can guarantee you'll never be the same.:eek:;)

When we get to Red Rocks in Dec. & if the weather cooperates I'll post some pictures of our ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts