Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2020 DCT tour after having 3 other bikes. I love the wing. I made some what I think are improvements by adding a Clearview Shield, RIVCO highway pegs, drink holder and a few other little things. The better winidscreen is great! I bought a Klockwerks Flare first and it was better than stock but not as good as the Clearview. Klockwerks uses a coating on the screen that makes things look rainbowed. They say it is the way it is supposed to be but between the distortion and the rainbow effect I decided to try another screen and the Clearview was the better shield for me. It was for my wife also when we ride two up. The Rivco foot pegs are great and easy to install. They are priced too high at $349.00 but as I am finding out all things GW are expensive. Especially for the new model. It rides great, the DCT is flawless and once you do some twisty‘s in sport mode it is one amazing bike. A buddy of mine who is a life long Harley guy was dumbfounded by this bike. Another Harley guy buddy of mine said why can’t Harley come up with some stuff like that. He was referring to the DCT primarily. When comparing, the GW was just the most logical choice to me. The Harley guys want LOUD exhaust. I don’t really understand that? When riding in a group the poor bastard in the back of the line is getting obliterated with 150 plus decibels. Not my thing, I like quiet and I like to hear my music. The more I ride it the more impressed I am.

·
Super Moderator
9,833 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,657 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ.

·
Super Moderator
14,741 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello and welcome from Tucson, Az. Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Sorry I am late to the party. Welcome to the forum. We would love to see photos of your new Wing and the improvements you have made.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Welcome from Fort Sask, Alberta. Where 'bouts are you located?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2020 DCT tour after having 3 other bikes. I love the wing. I made some what I think are improvements by adding a Clearview Shield, RIVCO highway pegs, drink holder and a few other little things. The better winidscreen is great! I bought a Klockwerks Flare first and it was better than stock but not as good as the Clearview. Klockwerks uses a coating on the screen that makes things look rainbowed. They say it is the way it is supposed to be but between the distortion and the rainbow effect I decided to try another screen and the Clearview was the better shield for me. It was for my wife also when we ride two up. The Rivco foot pegs are great and easy to install. They are priced too high at $349.00 but as I am finding out all things GW are expensive. Especially for the new model. It rides great, the DCT is flawless and once you do some twisty‘s in sport mode it is one amazing bike. A buddy of mine who is a life long Harley guy was dumbfounded by this bike. Another Harley guy buddy of mine said why can’t Harley come up with some stuff like that. He was referring to the DCT primarily. When comparing, the GW was just the most logical choice to me. The Harley guys want LOUD exhaust. I don’t really understand that? When riding in a group the poor bastard in the back of the line is getting obliterated with 150 plus decibels. Not my thing, I like quiet and I like to hear my music. The more I ride it the more impressed I am.
Welcome from New Mexico.... very happy to have officially joined the GRAND PA CLUB !!! 2020 DCT,had a BMW RT which was a great bike ,but for two up don’t know how you could do any better than the gold wing ,I’m a little short statured 5’8” so really appreciate that I can be flat-footed and the reverse and slow speed forward buttons are great, use them a lot more than I thought I would... been lucky enough to have had a motorcycle under me since I was 12 yrs old An have had fun on every one I’ve owned but this one Is at the top of the list for this old guy 🤠🤠🤠. Have Fun...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great bike Congratulations and welcome to the club

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad to know I’m not the only Harley guy that switched over! I love my GW and as you’ve mentioned, it’s nice to hear your music and enjoy a peaceful ride that will be reliable for years to come! Rock on and welcome to the new age.

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing Tour DCT
74 Posts
I don't care for the loud pipes either of the Harley myself. Never really have but I am about to add something to my new 2021 GW Tour DCT that is truly loud but does serve a useful purpose nonetheless. It is the MotoHorn and it is loud. Take a listen here: https://storage.googleapis.com/motohorn.com/MotoHornVideoMain.mp4

I'm not using it to replace my factory horn but only use it as an extra tool for the clueless cagers who don't respect my space and try to run right over me on my bike if I let them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't care for the loud pipes either of the Harley myself. Never really have but I am about to add something to my new 2021 GW Tour DCT that is truly loud but does serve a useful purpose nonetheless. It is the MotoHorn and it is loud. Take a listen here: https://storage.googleapis.com/motohorn.com/MotoHornVideoMain.mp4

I'm not using it to replace my factory horn but only use it as an extra tool for the clueless cagers who don't respect my space and try to run right over me on my bike if I let them.
Would be awesome to see where you mount that horn on the 18+ wings. Be sure to start a new thread and include pics please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts