Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've only been with this forum for a short time, but I've seen some comments from senior members about the number of Texans suddenly coming in. No offense taken and not even my question's subject.

But, for me, it brought up a question.....Is there a roster of some sort. I'm sure it would be a monumental task to maintain so I'm NOT suggesting or volunteering. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
No offence intended bentwing just having a little fun with our fine Texas members.:)
But there sure is a bunch of ya'll.:D

Oh I haven't a clue about a members roster.:eek:
Welcome again.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Shucks Ron, Course they have a lot of members, It is the second largest state ya know. No offense Texas. :)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Shucks Ron, Course they have a lot of members, It is the second largest state ya know. No offense Texas. :)
None taken. I heard one of them Alaskan fellers tell a Texan that they had so much gold up there in Alaska that they could build a fence out of solid gold 3 feet thick and 4 feet tall all the way around Texas. Texan smiled and told him to go ahead and build it, if he liked it he'd buy it.....:D

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew up front there was no offense intended. Freindly sarcasm, sure, but no offense. Besides, Daryl wouldn't allow it.
Altough I've been here over 60 years, I was born in Milford,Ct. My dad was raised on Long Island, and my mother in NYC. I'm as sarcastic as anyone you know. So don't get me started on jokes about Texans. I'll be the next one Daryl bans.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Unfortunately the way our site is setup there is no roster "Members list" that you may have seen on other sites.

Us PA guys get a bit miffed though because there are a lot of us as well & just when it looks like we might be getting close something like 12 Texans sign up within a day or two.:D

Well I may be exagerating a bit.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I think I'm the only Maryland guy on this forum , how
Do you think I feel?

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Do you think I feel?
I know what it is like. The closes member to me is 450 miles away and I haven't seen him here for 6 months. Eric

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
We have a lot of states with no representation at all! :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I knew up front there was no offense intended. Freindly sarcasm, sure, but no offense. Besides, Daryl wouldn't allow it.
Altough I've been here over 60 years, I was born in Milford,Ct. My dad was raised on Long Island, and my mother in NYC. I'm as sarcastic as anyone you know. So don't get me started on jokes about Texans. I'll be the next one Daryl bans.
Nah, you'd be the first

I spoke with the 'powers' about a roster/list a couple years back and it's got to do with the amount of space it takes up and what it would do as far as limitations on the site. Yes it would be nice, but not if it takes away from other valuable functions on the site.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Do you think I feel?
Gordo, depending on Efinrefs vote you could be instated as an " honorary " resident in Alabama complete with address. I realize this may not be the most desirable State, but we do have the " Mighty Tide " best football team in the nation and a few questionable referees residing in our great State. I don't foresee any of our other distinguished "Bama " members denying you status unless it would be Efinref. I have heard that he can be bought for the price of a New Whistle. Lmbo:D

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome you guys. Typically the new kids on the block put up an intro in the new members section, but yer already here so:D Could use some pics of your scoots though, or as the unwritten rule goes, they ain't real:rolleyes: Where abouts here in the Republic:rolleyes: are you located OpenGates?

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is the way Angelmammaw looks at it:: no matter what state, what country ya'll are from-we are one big family, sharing ideas, friendship and laughter!!!! We are all different with ideas, where we live etc, yet we are all alike-sharing the love of the road, riding when we can with our "family". I wasn't born a Texan and it took us about 30+ years to get here from Nebraska via my birth in California LOL!!! Home is where your heart is no matter what they call it.
So a big Howdy from Texas but also welcome to all my "family" members where ever your ride rests!!
Ride with the angels surrounding you!
God bless,
Angelmammaw-aka Pat

Oh yeah one more thing. To me it doesn't matter how many are from each state because I just have fun reading the posts and checking the side bar to see who it is and where they are from!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Gordo, depending on Efinrefs vote you could be instated as an " honorary " resident in Alabama complete with address. I realize this may not be the most desirable State, but we do have the " Mighty Tide " best football team in the nation and a few questionable referees residing in our great State. I don't foresee any of our other distinguished "Bama " members denying you status unless it would be Efinref. I have heard that he can be bought for the price of a New Whistle. Lmbo:D
Just caught this:D:D.....Gordo lives way too close to the Mason Dixon Line. But I do need a new whistle.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello flatfoot, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
The cool thing about this site is...Everyone is/has been so cool. Plenty of friendly badgering and sarcasm but I have not seen anybody get mad and rip someone. I have been on other sites and WOW there is out and out I hate you lets meet and kick each others butts :eek:. Brad Paisley comes to mind (online).
I have had the privilege of meeting a couple of folks and it has been awesome. Other sites say let me know if someone decides to meet and it never happens. I look forward to meeting more folks (Our resident Aussie :D hope that works out) and continuing the friendships with the folks I have meet.
Welcome you our site jump right in and no matter where your from or even if you have a goofy football team you like ;) ,we all ride and thats all that matters!!! Ride safe

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
The cool thing about this site is...Everyone is/has been so cool. Plenty of friendly badgering and sarcasm but I have not seen anybody get mad and rip someone. I have been on other sites and WOW there is out and out I hate you lets meet and kick each others butts :eek:. Brad Paisley comes to mind (online).
I have had the privilege of meeting a couple of folks and it has been awesome. Other sites say let me know if someone decides to meet and it never happens. I look forward to meeting more folks (Our resident Aussie :D hope that works out) and continuing the friendships with the folks I have meet.
Welcome you our site jump right in and no matter where your from or even if you have a goofy football team you like ;) ,we all ride and thats all that matters!!! Ride safe
The goofy football team he is talking about is the pittsburgh squealers

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
The goofy football team he is talking about is the pittsburgh squealers
Well that was fast! Hey how did you know that was directed at you? I could have meant Dallas (for all the Texas folks). We all know there are two great teams in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers (Black and Pearl Yellow) and WHO EVER plays Dallas :D.

EDIT Pearl Yellow is pretty much the same as Gold :eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.