Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Not an owner, yet, but looking. I'm in need of advice as to what to look for when purchasing a Goldwing. I'm interested in GL1000 - GL1200 models. Most of the Craigslist bikes I've seen look to be in good condition with under 30k miles. Knowing Honda products, that doesn't seem like "high" mileage. What should be paid attention to?
Thanks and hopefully, I'll be riding a sound bike soon.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello soprty, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Howdy Sporty...What area are you from? .....Welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Parts for the older bike might be hard to come by. Might want to think about a nice 1500. Some nice ones around for not to much.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and ride safe whatever you get..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Sporty. With some dedication you can still find parts for the 1100/1200 models, but they are getting harder to come by. Biggest thing is to find a bike that is still in sound operating condition and ridden and maintained regularly. That way all the niggle stuff has been attended to already. Maintenance records are a high priority IMO.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
You may be able to find more parts for the 15, but it is really a big bike compared to the others... just a thought...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts